Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Lysosomal cysteine proteases regulate antigen presentationKaren Honey
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Immunology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nat Rev Immunol 3:472-82. 2003..Lysosomal cysteine proteases constitute an important subset of the enzymes that are present in this compartment and, here, we discuss the role of these proteases in regulating antigen presentation by both MHC class II and CD1D molecules...
- Thymocyte expression of cathepsin L is essential for NKT cell developmentKaren Honey
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Immunology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Nat Immunol 3:1069-74. 2002..1(+) T cell selection. These data implicate lysosomal proteases as key regulators of not only classical major histocompatibility complex class II antigen presentation but also nonclassical CD1d presentation...
- Effect of decreasing the affinity of the class II-associated invariant chain peptide on the MHC class II peptide repertoire in the presence or absence of H-2MKaren Honey
Department of Immunology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Immunol 172:4142-50. 2004..Thus, we show clearly, in vivo, the critical chaperone function of H-2M, which preserves MHC class II molecules for high affinity peptide binding upon dissociation of Ii degradation intermediates...
- Differential regulation of cathepsin S and cathepsin L in interferon gamma-treated macrophagesCourtney Beers
Department of Immunology, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Exp Med 197:169-79. 2003....
- Cathepsin L regulates CD4+ T cell selection independently of its effect on invariant chain: a role in the generation of positively selecting peptide ligandsKaren Honey
Department of Immunology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Exp Med 195:1349-58. 2002..Thus, we propose a novel role for cathepsin L in regulating positive selection by generating the major histocompatibility complex class II bound peptide ligands presented by cortical thymic epithelial cells...
- A role for cathepsin L and cathepsin S in peptide generation for MHC class II presentationChyi Song Hsieh
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Immunol 168:2618-25. 2002..This result suggests that these cysteinal proteases participate in Ag processing and generate qualitative and quantitative differences in the peptide repertoires displayed by MHC class II molecules...
- Podocyte migration during nephrotic syndrome requires a coordinated interplay between cathepsin L and alpha3 integrinJochen Reiser
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 279:34827-32. 2004..In summary, these data establish that podocyte foot process effacement is a migratory event involving a novel interplay between cathepsin L and alpha(3) integrin...