Affiliation: University of Delaware
- Health Disparities in Pediatric Asthma: Comprehensive Tertiary Care Center ExperienceLaurens Holmes
Health Equity and Inclusion Office, Nemours AI duPont Hospital for Children, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Delaware Electronic address
J Natl Med Assoc 107:4-8. 2015..The underlying causes of these disparities are not fully understood. We aimed to examine racial/ethnic variances in pediatric asthma prevalence/admission...
- Impact of androgen deprivation therapy on racial/ethnic disparities in the survival of older men treated for locoregional prostate cancerLaurens Holmes
Epidemiology Laboratory at the Nemours Center for Childhood Cancer Research, Wilmington, Delaware 19803, USA
Cancer Control 16:176-85. 2009..Racial disparities persist in prostate cancer (CaP) treatment and survival, but disparities in androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) and the degree to which it affects racial differences in survival remains to be fully assessed...
- A five-year breast cancer-specific survival disadvantage of African American womenLaurens Holmes
Orthopedic Department, A I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE, USA
Afr J Reprod Health 14:195-200. 2010..AA demonstrated survival disadvantage compared with either Caucasia ns or Asians, which persisted even after controlling factors known to influence breast cancer survival...
- Clinical epidemiologic characterization of orthopaedic and neurological manifestations in children with leukodystrophiesLarry Holmes
Department of Orthopedics, A I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 31:587-93. 2011..However, the epidemiologic profile of LKD remains largely unknown. We aimed in this study to characterize LKD by demographics, family history, orthopaedic and neurological manifestations, and clinical subtypes...
- Cultural Competence in Pediatrics: Health Care Provider Knowledge, Awareness, and SkillsKirk Dabney
Nemours Office of Health Equity and Inclusion, Wilmington, DE 19803, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 13:ijerph13010014. 2015..4% vs. 74.5%, z = 1.8, p = 0.06). Culturally competent training in a pediatric environment significantly enhances knowledge, awareness and to some extent skills in providing care to culturally diverse patient population. ..
- The Long-term Outcome of Early Spine Fusion for Scoliosis in Children With Cerebral PalsyPrakash Sitoula
Nemours Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE
Clin Spine Surg 29:E406-12. 2016..Retrospective review of radiographs and charts (case-only)...
- Preoperative halo-gravity traction with and without thoracoscopic anterior release for skeletal dysplasia patients with severe kyphoscoliosisSina Pourtaheri
Department of Orthopaedics, Nemours Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, P O Box 269, Wilmington, DE, 19899, USA
J Child Orthop 10:135-42. 2016..Our purpose was to assess the safety and efficacy of traction in children with skeletal dysplasia who present with severe kyphoscoliosis...
- Epidemiologic, Racial and Healthographic Mapping of Delaware Pediatric Cancer: 2004-2014Laurens Holmes
Nemours Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Office of Health Equity and Inclusion, 2200 Concord Pike, Wilmington, DE 19803, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 13:ijerph13010049. 2015..These findings are indicative of the need for cancer-specific health education, awareness and prevention programs in reducing the observed disparities in Delaware. ..
- Deep Wound Infections After Pediatric Scoliosis SurgerySina Pourtaheri
Department of Orthopaedics, Nemours Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, P O Box 269, Wilmington, DE 19899, USA
Spine Deform 3:533-540. 2015..Retrospective clinical and radiographic review...
- Incidence of Carpal Coalition in the Pediatric PopulationBlazej Pruszczynski
Department of Orthopaedics and Paediatric Orthopaedics, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland Departments of Orthopaedics Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Health Equity Inclusion Office, Nemours Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE
J Pediatr Orthop 36:e106-e110. 2016..Data on CC in the pediatric population are limited. This study examines the prevalence of CC in the pediatric population and characterizes the presentation and associated musculoskeletal conditions...
- Implication of Socio-Demographics on Cognitive-Related Symptoms in Sports Concussion Among ChildrenLaurens Holmes
Nemours Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Office of Health Equity and Inclusion, P O Box 269, Wilmington, DE, 19803, USA
Sports Med Open 2:38. 2016..We aimed to characterize CRS and to examine its relationship with race, ethnicity, age, insurance, and sex in a pediatric population...
- Racial and Ethnic Heterogeneity in the Association Between Total Cholesterol and Pediatric ObesityLaurens Holmes
Nemours A I Dupont Children s Hospital, Nemours Office of Health Equity and amp Inclusion, 2200 Concord Pike, 8th Floor, Wilmington, DE 19803, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 13:ijerph13010019. 2015..59-2.77), but lowest among Whites (ARR = 2.40, 99% CI, 2.39-2.64), and SOR (ARR = 2.33, 99% CI, 2.19-2.50). In a large sample of children, total cholesterol directly correlates with BMI, with an observed racial and ethnic heterogeneity. ..
- Pamidronate Treatment to Prevent Reoccurring Fractures in Children With Cerebral PalsyJulieanne P Sees
Departments of Orthopaedics Biomedical Research Medical Imaging Pediatrics, Nemours Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE
J Pediatr Orthop 36:193-7. 2016..Our review evaluates the outcome of pamidronate treatment in these children...