William R Hogan
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Measuring the effect of commuting on the performance of the Bayesian Aerosol Release DetectorAurel Cami
Children s Hospital Boston Informatics Program, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 9:S7. 2009....
- The Bayesian aerosol release detector: an algorithm for detecting and characterizing outbreaks caused by an atmospheric release of Bacillus anthracisWilliam R Hogan
The RODS Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Stat Med 26:5225-52. 2007..We report a proof-of-concept evaluation of BARD, which demonstrates that the approach shows promise and warrants further development and evaluation...
- Detection of pediatric respiratory and diarrheal outbreaks from sales of over-the-counter electrolyte productsWilliam R Hogan
The RODS Laboratory, Center for Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 10:555-62. 2003..To determine whether sales of electrolyte products contain a signal of outbreaks of respiratory and diarrheal disease in children and, if so, how much earlier a signal relative to hospital diagnoses...
- Apollo: giving application developers a single point of access to public health models using structured vocabularies and Web servicesMichael M Wagner
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2013:1415-24. 2013..We have demonstrated the feasibility of this design by implementing a set of Apollo services that provide access to two epidemic simulators and two visualizer services. ..
- Unsupervised clustering of over-the-counter healthcare products into product categoriesGarrick L Wallstrom
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, Suite M 183 Parkvale Building, 200 Meyran Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
J Biomed Inform 40:642-8. 2007..The procedure was able to uncover a clinically significant distinction between OTC products intended for the treatment of allergy and OTC products intended for the treatment of cough, cold, and influenza symptoms...
- Analysis of Web access logs for surveillance of influenzaHeather A Johnson
RODS Laboratory, Center for Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 107:1202-6. 2004....
- Knowledge-based variable selection for learning rules from proteomic dataJonathan L Lustgarten
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, 200 Meyran Ave, Parkvale M 183, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 10:S16. 2009..In particular, we use the Empirical Proteomics Ontology Knowledge Base (EPO-KB) that contains previously identified and validated proteomic biomarkers to select m/zs in a proteomic dataset prior to analysis to increase performance...
- Natural Language Processing methods and systems for biomedical ontology learningKaihong Liu
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA 15232, USA
J Biomed Inform 44:163-79. 2011..In this article, we review existing methodologies and developed systems, and discuss how existing methods can benefit the development of biomedical ontologies...
- Design of a national retail data monitor for public health surveillanceMichael M Wagner
The RODS Laboratory, Center for Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, Suite 550, 100 Technology Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 10:409-18. 2003....
- Algorithms for rapid outbreak detection: a research synthesisDavid L Buckeridge
Palo Alto VA Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA, USA
J Biomed Inform 38:99-113. 2005..Future research must address challenges such as forecasting expected values in high-dimensional data and generating spatial and multivariate test data sets...