Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Working memory and speed of information processing in chronic khat users: preliminary findingsRichard Hoffman
Department of Biobehavioral Health and Population Science, University of Minnesota Medical School, Duluth, MN 55812, USA
Eur Addict Res 19:1-6. 2013..The finding is consistent with results seen by several investigators in samples of methamphetamine users...
- Cross-validation of predicted Wechsler Memory Scale-Revised scores in a normative sample of 25- to 34-year-old patientsR G Hoffman
Department of Behavioral Sciences, University of Minnesota, Duluth, 55812, USA
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 12:677-82. 1997....
- The effect of acute stress on subsequent neuropsychological test performance (2003)Richard Hoffman
Department of Behavioral Sciences, School of Medicine Duluth, University of Minnesota, 10 University Drive, Duluth, MN 55812, USA
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 19:497-506. 2004..Further work is suggested to determine whether pre-existing anxiety-related psychopathology or pre-existing neurological compromise might interact with induced mental stress to cause decrements in neuropsychological test performance...
- Khat use and neurobehavioral functions: suggestions for future studiesRichard Hoffman
Department of Behavioral Sciences, University of Minnesota Medical School Duluth, 1035 University Avenue, Duluth, MN 55812 3031, USA
J Ethnopharmacol 132:554-63. 2010....
- Effects of chronic khat use on cardiovascular, adrenocortical, and psychological responses to stress in men and womenMustafa al'Absi
Duluth Medical Research Institute, University of Minnesota Medical School, Duluth, MN 55812, USA
Am J Addict 22:99-107. 2013..Khat is a psychostimulant plant widely used in Africa and its use has been growing rapidly in Europe and North America...
- Concurrent use of khat and tobacco is associated with verbal learning and delayed recall deficitsRichard Hoffman
Department of Biobehavioral Health and Population Science, University of Minnesota Medical School, Duluth, MN, USA
Addiction 108:1855-62. 2013..The present study assessed whether cigarette smokers who are also regular khat users would demonstrate greater impairments in verbal learning and recall compared to both non-smokers who are khat users and control subjects...
- Poor working memory and reduced blood pressure levels in concurrent users of khat and tobaccoMotohiro Nakajima
Biobehavioral Health and Population Sciences, University of Minnesota Medical School, Duluth, MN
Nicotine Tob Res 16:279-87. 2014..We also tested whether cardiovascular activity during a cognitive task was related to performance outcomes, as research has shown linkages between maladaptive physiological adjustments and cognitive functions...