Genomes and Genes
Jill A Hoffman
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Escherichia coli K1 aslA contributes to invasion of brain microvascular endothelial cells in vitro and in vivoJ A Hoffman
Division of Infectious Diseases, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Infect Immun 68:5062-7. 2000..Complementation of the decreased-invasion phenotypes of these mutants was achieved when aslA was supplied in trans. This is the first demonstration that this locus contributes to invasion of the blood-brain barrier by E. coli K1...
- Adenovirus infections in solid organ transplant recipientsJill A Hoffman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Southern California, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, 90027, USA
Curr Opin Organ Transplant 14:625-33. 2009..This review will discuss the current understanding of the epidemiology, diagnosis and therapy of adenovirus infection in transplant recipients...
- Adenoviral disease in pediatric solid organ transplant recipientsJill A Hoffman
Department of Pediatrics, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Pediatr Transplant 10:17-25. 2006..Issues related to diagnosis, notably the use of newer non-culture based viral detection methods and therapy, including anti-adenoviral agents and adoptive immunotherapy are discussed...
- Human leukocyte antigen-DR expression on peripheral blood monocytes and the risk of pneumonia in pediatric lung transplant recipientsJ A Hoffman
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Infectious Diseases, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Transpl Infect Dis 6:147-55. 2004..In addition, interleukin (IL)-10 has been shown to be a negative regulator of HLA-DR expression. This study investigates whether HLA-DR expression and serum IL-10 levels correlate with the development of pneumonia after pediatric LT...
- Streptococcus pneumoniae infections in the neonateJill A Hoffman
Department of Pediatrics, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Pediatrics 112:1095-102. 2003..The aim of this study was to review the current epidemiology and clinical course of SPIN...
- Adenoviral infections and a prospective trial of cidofovir in pediatric hematopoietic stem cell transplantationJ A Hoffman
Department of Pediatrics, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles and Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 90027, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 7:388-94. 2001..Prospective controlled trials to further define the role of CDV in the treatment of ADV infections in HSCT patients are warranted...
- Escherichia coli K1 purA and sorC are preferentially expressed upon association with human brain microvascular endothelial cellsJ A Hoffman
Division of Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, U S A
Microb Pathog 31:69-79. 2001..We have identified novel phenotypes associated with E. coli K1 purA and sorC, which provide evidence that these genes contribute to the invasion of HBMEC...
- Prospective monitoring for invasive aspergillosis using galactomannan and polymerase chain reaction in high risk pediatric patientsSaro H Armenian
Department of Population Sciences, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 31:920-6. 2009..We evaluated the utility of prospective monitoring for invasive aspergillosis (IA) using biomarkers such as serum galactomannan (GM) and/or blood polymerase chain reaction (PCR) in high-risk pediatric patients...
- Invasive pneumococcal infections in children following transplantation in the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine eraLiset Olarte
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Transpl Infect Dis . 2016..Data on IPI in this population is scarce. To our knowledge, this is the first study describing the epidemiology of IPI among pediatric transplant recipients in the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) era...
- Multicenter surveillance of invasive meningococcal infections in childrenSheldon L Kaplan
Pediatric Infectious Diseases Section, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Pediatrics 118:e979-84. 2006..The objective of this study was to collect demographic, clinical, laboratory, and outcome information for infants and children who had Neisseria meningitidis infections of various serogroups and were cared for in 10 pediatric hospitals...
- Invasive diagnostic procedures for pulmonary infiltrates in pediatric hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipientsSaro H Armenian
Division of Hematology Oncology, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Pediatr Transplant 11:736-42. 2007..In conclusion, all three invasive diagnostic procedures were safe. Having a focal infiltrate was independently and significantly associated with having a positive diagnostic yield...
- The role of bronchoalveolar lavage galactomannan in the diagnosis of pediatric invasive aspergillosisRishi Desai
Dvision of Infectious Disease, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:283-6. 2009..The use of bronchoalveolar lavage galactomannan (BAL GM) is being validated in adult populations, but has not been systematically evaluated in pediatric patients...
- Decrease of invasive pneumococcal infections in children among 8 children's hospitals in the United States after the introduction of the 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccineSheldon L Kaplan
Pediatric Infectious Diseases Sections of the Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Pediatrics 113:443-9. 2004....