Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Folding units govern the cytochrome c alkaline transitionLinh Hoang
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6059, USA
J Mol Biol 331:37-43. 2003..These and other results show that the cooperative folding-unfolding behavior of protein foldons can account for a variety of functional activities in addition to determining folding pathways...
- Cytochrome c folding pathway: kinetic native-state hydrogen exchangeLinh Hoang
The Johnson Research Foundation, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6059, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:12173-8. 2002..Four distinct unfolding steps are found to be kinetically ordered in the same pathway sequence inferred before...
- Hydrogen exchange methods to study protein foldingMallela M G Krishna
Johnson Research Foundation, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6059, USA
Methods 34:51-64. 2004..The results obtained in these ways suggest principles that appear to explain the properties of partially folded intermediates and how they are organized into folding pathways. The application of these methods is detailed here...
- Recombinant equine cytochrome c in Escherichia coli: high-level expression, characterization, and folding and assembly mutantsJon N Rumbley
The Johnson Research Foundation, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6059, USA
Biochemistry 41:13894-901. 2002..In addition, destabilizing glycine mutants in the N-terminal helix are shown to affect the fractional yield of a heme inverted Cyt c isoform...
- Kinetic and stereochemical evidence for the involvement of only one proline molecule in the transition states of proline-catalyzed intra- and intermolecular aldol reactionsLinh Hoang
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:16-7. 2003..Complementary to recent theoretical studies, our results provide the foundation of a unified enamine catalysis mechanism of proline-catalyzed inter- and intramolecular aldol reactions...
- New mechanistic studies on the proline-catalyzed aldol reactionBenjamin List
Max Planck Institut fur Kohlenforschung, Kaiser Wilhelm Platz 1, 45470 Mulheim an der Ruhr, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:5839-42. 2004..Here we summarize our discoveries in this area and provide further evidence for the involvement of enamine intermediates...
- A nanostructure-initiator mass spectrometry-based enzyme activity assayTrent R Northen
Department of Molecular Biology and Scripps Center for Mass Spectrometry and Department of Chemistry and The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:3678-83. 2008..More generally, this approach may have important applications for screening both enzymatic and inhibitor libraries, constructing and screening glycan microarrays, and complementing fluorous-phase organic synthesis...