Genomes and Genes
Lisa M Hines
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Alcohol consumption and high-density lipoprotein levels: the effect of ADH1C genotype, gender and menopausal statusLisa M Hines
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 12800 East 19th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80010, USA
Atherosclerosis 182:293-300. 2005....
- Platelet adenylyl cyclase activity: a biological marker for major depression and recent drug useLisa M Hines
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80045 0511, USA
Biol Psychiatry 58:955-62. 2005..We examined the relationship between various measures of AC activity and major depression, taking into account potential confounders, such as drug use and gender...
- Long-term weight gain among Hispanic and non-Hispanic White women with and without breast cancerRebecca L Sedjo
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Nutr Cancer 65:34-42. 2013..These results suggest that weight management approaches are needed, especially those targeted to at-risk populations such as breast cancer survivors...
- Genetic variants in interleukin genes are associated with breast cancer risk and survival in a genetically admixed population: the Breast Cancer Health Disparities StudyMartha L Slattery
Department of Medicine, University of Utah, 383 Colorow, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA, Instituto Nacional de Salud Publica, Centro de Investigacion en Salud Poblacional, Av Universidad No 655, Col Sta Ma Ahuacatitlan, Cuernavaca Morelos CP 62100, Mexico, Cancer Prevention Institute of California, Fremont, CA 84108, USA, Division of Epidemiology, Department of Health Research and Policy and Stanford Cancer Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 62508, USA, Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA, Department of Biology, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, 1420 Austin Bluffs Parkway, Colorado Springs, CO 80918, USA, Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine of USC, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA and Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, School of Public Health and Information Sciences, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 90089 9031, USA
Carcinogenesis 35:1750-9. 2014..We confirmed associations with several functional polymorphisms previously associated with breast cancer risk and provide support that their combined effect influences the carcinogenic process...
- A sex-specific role of type VII adenylyl cyclase in depressionLisa M Hines
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Neurosci 26:12609-19. 2006..Collectively, our results demonstrate a sex-specific influence of the AC7 gene on a heritable form of depressive illness...
- Uncovering the liver's role in immunity through RNA co-expression networksKylie K Harrall
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Aurora, CO, 80045, USA
Mamm Genome 27:469-84. 2016..These networks can pinpoint phenotypes that manifest through the interaction of many organs/tissues and can identify unannotated or under-annotated RNA transcripts that play a role in these phenotypes. ..
- Family history and age at onset of breast cancer in Hispanic and non-Hispanic white womenBetsy Risendal
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Cancer Causes Control 19:1349-55. 2008..To evaluate the association between family history of breast cancer and breast cancer risk among Hispanic and non-Hispanic white (NHW) women...
- Multiple and additive functions of ALDH3A1 and ALDH1A1: cataract phenotype and ocular oxidative damage in Aldh3a1(-/-)/Aldh1a1(-/-) knock-out miceNatalie Lassen
Molecular Toxicology and Environmental Health Sciences Program, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Biol Chem 282:25668-76. 2007..In conclusion, these findings support the hypothesis that corneal ALDH3A1 and lens ALDH1A1 protect the eye against cataract formation via nonenzymatic (light filtering) and enzymatic (detoxification) functions...
- Alcoholism: the dissection for endophenotypesLisa M Hines
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045 0511, USA
Dialogues Clin Neurosci 7:153-63. 2005..This review summarizes the current literature, focused on human data, of promising endophenotypes for dissecting alcoholism...
- Genetic modification of the effect of alcohol consumption on CHDLisa M Hines
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Nutr Soc 63:73-9. 2004..Studying genetic differences that potentially influence disease susceptibility among populations may provide insight into the mechanism(s) for the relationship between risk factor and disease, such as alcohol and CHD...