Elizabeth M Hill
Affiliation: University of Detroit Mercy
- Evolutionary approaches to addiction: introductionElizabeth M Hill
University of Detroit Mercy, MI 48219 0900, USA
Addiction 97:375-9. 2002
- Impairment in family caregiving: a biological perspectiveElizabeth M Hill
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, USA
Med Hypotheses 61:248-58. 2003....
- Antisocial alcoholism and serotonin-related polymorphisms: association testsElizabeth M Hill
Department of Psychology, University of Detroit Mercy, Detroit, Michigan 48219, USA
Psychiatr Genet 12:143-53. 2002..Future studies are needed to examine joint and interactive effects of serotonin-related markers...
- Life-history theory and risky drinkingElizabeth M Hill
Department of Psychology, University of Detroit Mercy, MI 48219, USA
Addiction 97:401-13. 2002..We used this framework to predict demographic variation in hazardous patterns of alcohol use, assuming that they reflect risk-taking in general...
- Variation in suicidality among substance-abusing women: the role of childhood adversityE M Hill
Department of Psychology, University of Detroit Mercy, 8200 West Outer Drive, Detroit, MI 48219 0900, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 19:339-45. 2000..Suicidality was associated with childhood adversity (sexual abuse, loss of mother). Of those who had experienced early sexual abuse, 42% had attempted suicide, compared to 19% of those who had not been sexually abused...
- Potential associations among genetic markers in the serotonergic system and the antisocial alcoholism subtypeE M Hill
Department of Psychology, University of Detroit Mercy, Michigan 48219, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 7:103-21. 1999..In this review, the evidence for the involvement of the serotonergic system in antisocial alcoholism is examined, and the potential for family-based association studies to identify specific components that may be involved is discussed...
- Alcohol effects on motor vehicle crash injuryPatricia F Waller
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 27:695-703. 2003..Most clinical studies do not consider other important predictors of injury, making interpretation of their findings problematic...
- Alcoholism in older women religiousJosie McKechnie
Department of Psychology, University of Detroit Mercy, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Subst Abus 30:107-17. 2009..Implications for health screening and treatment of women Religious are addressed...
- Alcohol and/or other drug use among adult non-occupant motor vehicle crash victimsJim Edward Weber
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, USA
Alcohol Alcohol 37:468-71. 2002..To identify the frequency of current or lifetime history of alcohol and/or other drug (AOD) use among the full range (admitted and discharged) of injured bicyclists and pedestrians involved in motor vehicle crashes...
- Camp health services in the state of MichiganEdward A Walton
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0305, USA
Wilderness Environ Med 15:274-83. 2004..Every summer, 10 million campers attend summer camp in the United States. In Michigan, each camp is required to have a camp health officer (CHO) on-site...
- Guidelines for the management of severe head injury: are emergency physicians following them?James E Huizenga
Department of Emergency Medicine, Wright State University, Dayton, OH, USA
Acad Emerg Med 9:806-12. 2002..These evidence-based clinical guidelines (CGs) recommended against prophylactic hyperventilation and glucocorticoid use and advocated for aggressive blood pressure (BP) resuscitation, and the careful use of mannitol...
- Comparing alcoholic and nonalcoholic parents on the family unpredictability scaleLisa Thomson Ross
College of Charleston, Department of Psychology, SC 29424, USA
Psychol Rep 94:1385-91. 2004..We provide suggestions for research and clinical uses of the scale, especially pertaining to families with an alcoholic parent...
- The feasibility of pain assessment in the prehospital settingSamuel A McLean
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center St Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0303, USA
Prehosp Emerg Care 8:155-61. 2004..To determine the feasibility of prehospital pain measurement among patients 13 years of age or older using a verbal and numeric rating scale and to assess the severity of pain in a prehospital patient population...
- The effects of alcohol on head injury in the motor vehicle crash victimRebecca M Cunningham
University of Michigan Medical Center, Department of Emergency Medicine, TC B134 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor 48109 0303, USA
Alcohol Alcohol 37:236-40. 2002..We suggest that alcohol potentiates severity of TBI as determined from head CT among MVC victims. Further research will be needed to substantiate this finding as well as to determine its long-term effect on clinical outcome...
- Birth cohort differences in features of antisocial alcoholism among men and womenS F Stoltenberg
Department of Psychiatry, Alcohol Research Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48108 3318, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 23:1884-91. 1999..This study examines the relations between birth cohort, gender, and family history of alcohol problems on alcohol dependence, and on the endorsement of alcohol abuse/dependence symptoms related to antisocial behavior...
- Alcohol abuse/dependence in motor vehicle crash victims presenting to the emergency departmentR F Maio
University of Michigan, Department of Surgery, Ann Arbor, USA
Acad Emerg Med 4:256-62. 1997..1) To determine the prevalence of current alcohol abuse/alcohol dependence (AA/AD) among the full injury range of ED motor vehicle crash (MVC) patients; and 2) compare AA/AD and non-AA/AD patient characteristics...
- Drinking and parental unpredictability among adult children of alcoholics: a pilot studyL T Ross
Department of Psychology, College of Charleston, South Carolina 29424, USA
Subst Use Misuse 36:609-38. 2001..Finally, family history for alcoholism had an indirect association with drinking, as unpredictability mediated this relationship. Research and prevention implications are discussed...
- Crash characteristics and injuries of victims impaired by alcohol versus illicit drugsP F Waller
Transportation Research Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 2150, USA
Accid Anal Prev 29:817-27. 1997..Alcohol was associated with more severe crashes, but other drugs, in the absence of alcohol, were not. The crashes involving drugs but no alcohol were very similar to those involving neither alcohol nor drugs...
- Prevalence of domestic violence and associated factors among women on a trauma serviceDavid M Melnick
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
J Trauma 53:33-7. 2002..Despite the increasing recognition of the problem of domestic violence (DV), it has not been studied in surgical populations...