Matthew P Herring
Affiliation: University of Georgia
- The effect of acute resistance exercise on feelings of energy and fatigueMatthew P Herring
Department of Kinesiology, The University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
J Sports Sci 27:701-9. 2009..It is unclear whether this effect is a placebo effect because, while it did not differ from the placebo condition, we cannot rule out that resistance exercise at a wide range of intensities produces increased feelings of energy...
- The effect of exercise training on anxiety symptoms among patients: a systematic reviewMatthew P Herring
Department of Kinesiology, Ramsey Center, The University of Georgia, 330 River Road, Athens, GA 30602 6554, USA
Arch Intern Med 170:321-31. 2010..We estimated the population effect size for exercise training effects on anxiety and determined whether selected variables of theoretical or practical importance moderate the effect...
- Feasibility of exercise training for the short-term treatment of generalized anxiety disorder: a randomized controlled trialMatthew P Herring
Department of Kinesiology, The University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA
Psychother Psychosom 81:21-8. 2012..We conducted a randomized controlled trial to quantify the effects of 6 weeks of resistance (RET) or aerobic exercise training (AET) on remission and worry symptoms among sedentary patients with GAD...
- Sensitivity to change in cognitive performance and mood measures of energy and fatigue in response to differing doses of caffeine or breakfastVictor Maridakis
University of Georgia Department of Kinesiology, Athens, Georgia 30602 6554, USA
Int J Neurosci 119:975-94. 2009..05). The mood and cognitive measures of mental energy used here have similar sensitivity to detecting change in response to a moderate dose of caffeine and breakfast consumption...
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) reduces muscle pain caused by eccentric exerciseChristopher D Black
Department of Kinesiology, Georgia College and State University, Milledgeville, Georgia, USA
J Pain 11:894-903. 2010..Smaller effects were noted between both types of ginger and placebo on other measures. Daily supplementation with ginger reduced muscle pain caused by eccentric exercise, and this effect was not enhanced by heat treating the ginger...
- Exercise dose, exercise adherence, and associated health outcomes in the TIGER studyFred L Miller
1Department of Kinesiology, Anderson University, Anderson, IN 2Department of Health and Human Performance, University of Houston, Houston, TX 3Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 4Symptom Research CAO, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX and 5Department of Kinesiology, The University of Georgia, Athens, GA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 46:69-75. 2014..This study examined cumulative exercise exposure defined by HR-based intensity, duration, and frequency as a measure of compliance with a prescribed exercise program and a predictor of health outcomes...