William G Henderson
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Motivational interviewing with American Indian mothers to prevent early childhood caries: study design and methodology of a randomized control trialTerrence Batliner
Centers for American Indian and Alaska Native Health, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Mail Stop F800, 13055 E, 17th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Trials 15:125. 2014....
- Design and statistical methodology of the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program: why is it what it is?William G Henderson
University of Colorado, Health Outcomes Program, Aurora, CO, USA
Am J Surg 198:S19-27. 2009....
- Relationship of processes and structures of care in general surgery to postoperative outcomes: a descriptive analysisDeborah S Main
Colorado Health Outcomes Program, Aurora, CO 80045 0508, USA
J Am Coll Surg 204:1157-65. 2007..The purpose of this article was to describe results of a quantitative survey designed to measure surgical care structures and processes within NSQIP sites...
- Relationship of processes and structures of care in general surgery to postoperative outcomes: a hierarchical analysisTracy L Schifftner
National Surgical Quality Improvement Program, Office of Patient Care Services, Department of Veterans Affairs, Aurora, CO, USA
J Am Coll Surg 204:1166-77. 2007..The purpose of this study was to identify the important processes and structures of surgical care that relate to 30-day, risk-adjusted postoperative morbidity in general surgery...
- Risk of major nonemergent inpatient general surgical procedures in patients on long-term dialysisCsaba Gajdos
Division of GI, Tumor, and Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
JAMA Surg 148:137-43. 2013..Patients on long-term dialysis undergoing major nonemergent general surgical procedures are thought to have high rates of postoperative complications and death...
- A Community-Based Oral Health Intervention in Navajo Nation Head Start: Participation Factors and Contextual ChallengesLucinda L Bryant
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, 13001 East 17th Place B119, Aurora, CO, 80045, USA
J Community Health 41:340-53. 2016..Many challenges to participation exist when conducting interventions in rural areas with underserved populations. Working with community partners to inform the development and delivery of interventions is critical. ..
- Risk-adjusted comparison of blood pressure and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) noncontrol in primary care officesKarl Hammermeister
the Colorado Health Outcomes Program, The Division of Cardiology, and the Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora the Department of Biostatistics and Informatics, Colorado School of Public Health, Aurora the National Research Network, American Academy of Family Physicians, Leawood, KS DI Consulting, Dallas, TX the Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado, Aurora Fairfax Family Medicine Residency Program, Virginia Commonwealth University, Fairfax and the Denver VA Medical Center, Denver, CO
J Am Board Fam Med 26:658-68. 2013....
- The risk of major elective vascular surgical procedures in patients with end-stage renal diseaseCsaba Gajdos
Section of GI, Tumor and Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado at Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Ann Surg 257:766-73. 2013..To examine the postoperative complications and death rate of major elective vascular surgery procedures in patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD)...
- Association between Intraoperative Hypotension and Hypertension and 30-day Postoperative Mortality in Noncardiac SurgeryTerri G Monk
From the Emeritus Faculty, Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina T G M Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri T G M Adult and Child Center for Outcomes Research and Delivery Science ACCORDS, Aurora, Colorado M R B, W G H Department of Biostatistics and Informatics, Colorado School of Public Health, Aurora, Colorado W G H Department of Anesthesiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania M P M Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, VA North Texas Health Care System, Dallas, Texas S T J S P Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington DC VA Medical Center, Washington, D C D R B Department of Anesthesiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, Texas J D N Department of Surgery, University of Alabama Birmingham, Birmingham VA Medical Center, Birmingham, Alabama J S R Department of Surgery, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado R A M and Department of Medicine Cardiology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado K E H
Anesthesiology 123:307-19. 2015..Therefore, the authors estimated the intraoperative thresholds of systolic blood pressure (SBP), mean blood pressure (MAP), and diastolic blood pressure (DBP) associated with increased risk-adjusted 30-day mortality...
- Validation and Impact of Caregivers' Oral Health Knowledge and Behavior on Children's Oral Health StatusAnne R Wilson
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colo, USA
Pediatr Dent 38:47-54. 2016..To validate oral health knowledge and behavior measures from the Basic Research Factors Questionnaire, developed to capture specific themes contributing to children's oral health outcomes and the influence of caregivers...
- Effect of Pregnancy on Adverse Outcomes After General SurgeryHunter B Moore
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Colorado, Aurora
JAMA Surg 150:637-43. 2015..It remains unclear whether pregnancy is a risk factor for postoperative morbidity and mortality of the woman after general surgery...
- Adverse effects of smoking on postoperative outcomes in cancer patientsCsaba Gajdos
Department of Surgery, University of Colorado at Denver, Denver, CO, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 19:1430-8. 2012..The possible negative effects of smoking on postoperative outcomes have not been well studied in cancer patients...
- Comparison of risk-adjusted 30-day postoperative mortality and morbidity in Department of Veterans Affairs hospitals and selected university medical centers: general surgical operations in menWilliam G Henderson
University of Colorado Health Outcomes Program, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Am Coll Surg 204:1103-14. 2007....