Tara O Henderson
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Secondary sarcomas in childhood cancer survivors: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor StudyTara O Henderson
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Hematology Oncology, Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Ave, MC 4060, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:300-8. 2007..We analyzed a large cohort of childhood cancer survivors to determine the true incidence of secondary sarcomas and to examine factors associated with the risk of developing secondary sarcomas...
- Physician preferences and knowledge gaps regarding the care of childhood cancer survivors: a mailed survey of pediatric oncologistsTara O Henderson
University of Chicago, Section of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC 4060, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:878-83. 2010..18 to 2.52) were more likely to have answered all three questions correctly. CONCLUSION Pediatric oncologists express a range of preferences with regard to LTFU of CCS. Many appear unfamiliar with LTFU surveillance guidelines...
- Childhood cancer survivors: transition to adult-focused risk-based careTara O Henderson
Section of Hematology, Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation, Department of Pediatrics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Pediatrics 126:129-36. 2010....
- Inconsistent mammography perceptions and practices among women at risk of breast cancer following a pediatric malignancy: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor StudyStephanie M Smith
Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cancer Causes Control 21:1585-95. 2010..For women with negative perceptions, acknowledging the importance of asymptomatic screening was associated with mammography...
- Risk factors associated with secondary sarcomas in childhood cancer survivors: a report from the childhood cancer survivor studyTara O Henderson
Department of Pediatrics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 84:224-30. 2012..Childhood cancer survivors have an increased risk of secondary sarcomas. To better identify those at risk, the relationship between therapeutic dose of chemotherapy and radiation and secondary sarcoma should be quantified...
- Secondary gastrointestinal cancer in childhood cancer survivors: a cohort studyTara O Henderson
University of Chicago Department of Pediatrics, Section of Hematology, Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, MC 4060, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Ann Intern Med 156:757-66, W-260. 2012..Childhood cancer survivors develop gastrointestinal cancer more frequently and at a younger age than the general population, but the risk factors have not been well-characterized...
- Systematic review: surveillance for breast cancer in women treated with chest radiation for childhood, adolescent, or young adult cancerTara O Henderson
University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ann Intern Med 152:444-55; W144-54. 2010..Women treated with therapeutic chest radiation may develop breast cancer...
- Neuroblastoma survivors are at increased risk for second malignancies: A report from the International Neuroblastoma Risk Group ProjectMark A Applebaum
Department of Pediatrics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Eur J Cancer 72:177-185. 2016..Further, the underlying germline genetics that contribute to SMN in these survivors are not known...
- Breast cancer surveillance practices among women previously treated with chest radiation for a childhood cancerKevin C Oeffinger
Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
JAMA 301:404-14. 2009....
- Breast Cancer Risk in Childhood Cancer Survivors Without a History of Chest Radiotherapy: A Report From the Childhood Cancer Survivor StudyTara O Henderson
Tara O Henderson and Kenan Onel, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL Chaya S Moskowitz, Joanne F Chou, Chau T Dang, Danielle Novetsky Friedman, Dana Barnea, Elena Lorenzi, and Kevin C Oeffinger, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY Angela R Bradbury, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA Joseph Phillip Neglia, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN Smita Bhatia, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL Louise C Strong and Marilyn Stovall, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX Lisa B Kenney and Lisa R Diller, Dana Farber Cancer Institute Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA Elena Lorenzi, Humanitas Clinical and Research Center, Rozzano, Milan, Italy Sue Hammond, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH Wendy M Leisenring, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA and Leslie L Robison and Gregory T Armstrong, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN
J Clin Oncol 34:910-8. 2016..Little is known about the breast cancer risk among childhood cancer survivors who did not receive chest radiotherapy. We sought to determine the magnitude of risk and associated risk factors for breast cancer among these women...
- Second malignancies in patients with neuroblastoma: the effects of risk-based therapyMark A Applebaum
Departments of Pediatrics, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
Pediatr Blood Cancer 62:128-33. 2015....
- Racial and ethnic disparities in risk and survival in children with neuroblastoma: a Children's Oncology Group studyTara O Henderson
Comer Children s Hospital and University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:76-82. 2011..To evaluate differences in disease presentation and survival by race and ethnicity, data from the Children's Oncology Group (COG) were analyzed...