Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- Commentary: Alternative safe, effective and cost-efficient dosing for eptifibatide in low-risk patientsTarek Helmy
Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 18:492-3. 2006
- Broadening the applications of fractional flow reserveTarek Helmy
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 18:550-1. 2006
- Hemodynamic diagnostics of epicardial coronary stenoses: in-vitro experimental and computational studyRupak K Banerjee
Department of Mechanical, Industrial and Nuclear Engineering, 601B Rhodes Hall, University of Cincinnati, Clifton Avenue, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Biomed Eng Online 7:24. 2008..This experimental and numerical study focuses on the characterization of the diagnostic parameter, pressure drop coefficient, and also evaluates the pressure recovery downstream of stenoses...
- Benefit of ECG-gated rest and stress N-13 cardiac PET imaging for quantification of LVEF in ischemic patientsSrikara V Peelukhana
Departments of aMechanical and Materials Engineering bNuclear Medicine cDepartment of Cardiology, Division of Cardiovascular Health and Disease dDepartment of Biomedical Engineering, University of Cincinnati eVeteran Affairs Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Nucl Med Commun 36:986-98. 2015..To this effect, the EFp was compared with EFs and EFe. Further, the relation between rest and stress EFp was also assessed...
- Impact of kissing balloon inflation on the main vessel stent volume, area, and symmetry after side-branch dilation in patients with coronary bifurcation lesions: a serial volumetric intravascular ultrasound studyShahid Rahman
Division of Cardiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 6:923-31. 2013....
- ST-elevation myocardial infarction due to a spontaneous thrombus in the left anterior descending artery in a young HIV-infected patientMehmet Cilingiroglu
University of Cincinnati Medical School, Section of Cardiology, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars 39:308-11. 2011..This case highlights the association between immunosuppression with HAART, particularly protease inhibitors, and the development of accelerated atherosclerosis in patients with HIV infection...
- Optimal Duration of Dual Antiplatelet Therapy after Drug-Eluting Stents: Meta-Analysis of Randomized TrialsElsayed Abo-Salem
Division of Cardiovascular Health and Disease, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Cardiovasc Ther 33:253-63. 2015..Recently, several large randomized controlled trials (RCT) suggested a noninferiority of shorter duration of DAPT and other trials showed a benefit from extended duration of DAPT after 12 months of DES implantation...
- Benefit of cardiac N-13 PET CFR for combined anatomical and functional diagnosis of ischemic coronary artery disease: a pilot studySrikara V Peelukhana
Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 598 Rhodes Hall, PO Box 0072, Cincinnati, OH, 45221 0072, USA
Ann Nucl Med 28:746-60. 2014..The second aim was to test the correlation between CFRp and CFRi...
- Advances in interventional cardiology: MitraClipSaid Alsidawi
Division of Cardiovascular Health and Disease, College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, 231 Albert Sabine Way, Cincinnati, OH, 45267, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 38:260-8. 2014..Several large clinical trials confirmed the safety and efficacy of MitraClip. We here discuss the growing role of MitraClip, the major clinical trials, the ongoing trials and the potential complications of the procedure. ..
- Safety and efficacy of drug eluting stents compared with bare metal stents for saphenous vein graft interventions: a comprehensive meta-analysis of randomized trials and observational studies comprising 7,994 patientsAbdul Hakeem
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45257 0542, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 77:343-55. 2011..Our objective is to determine the safety and efficacy of DES compared with BMS for SVG lesions by performing a meta-analysis of clinical trials and observational studies...
- The impact of fractional flow reserve measurement on clinical outcomes after transradial coronary stentingMassoud A Leesar
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0542, USA
EuroIntervention 7:917-23. 2011..This study sought to investigate the proportion of patients in whom an FFR ≥0.96 can be achieved after transradial stenting using primarily DES and to determine outcomes based on a post-stent FFR ≥0.96 vs. an FFR<0.96...
- Novel use of twin-pass catheter in successful recanalization of a chronic coronary total occlusionImran Arif
University of Cincinnati School of Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases, 231 Albert Sabin Way, ML 0542, PO Box 670542, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 20:309-11. 2008..In our case, an uncommon approach using a dual-lumen catheter (Twin-Pass) to support and direct a guidewire was attempted. This resulted in a successful percutaneous revascularization...
- Case report: CHD as a potential cause of chest pain in adult patientsWayne Tsuang
Am Fam Physician 78:911, 914. 2008
- Cocaine use in an urban medical population and the development of angiographically significant coronary artery diseaseAmar D Patel
Emory University School of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Prev Cardiol 9:144-7. 2006..9; 95% confidence interval, 0.55-1.5; p = 0.7)...
- Diagnostic modalities for the evaluation of anomalous left main coronary arteriesAmar D Patel
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Cardiovasc Revasc Med 6:32-5. 2005..We present 3 cases of an anomalous left main coronary artery that arises from the right sinus of Valsalva. Noninvasive imaging methods provided a clear anatomic course of the anomalous vessel...
- Percutaneous repair of a left internal mammary graft entrapped under sternal wiresJohn A Ternay
Emory University School of Medicine, Scottdale, Georgia, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 17:E18-9. 2005..This report details the percutaneous intervention to an entrapped LIMA graft to the left anterior descending artery (LAD)...
- Anomalous origin of the coronary arteries from the pulmonary trunk in two separate patients with a review of the clinical implications and current treatment recommendationsWilliam J Nicholson
Emory University School of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Atlanta, Georgia 30309, USA
Am J Med Sci 328:112-5. 2004..We review the clinical presentation and treatment of patients with each anomaly and the current recommendations regarding the clinical course and management of such patients...