Kathi L Heffner
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Stress and anxiety effects on positive skin test responses in young adults with allergic rhinitisKathi L Heffner
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Department of Psychiatry, Rochester Center for Mind Body Research, Rochester, New York Electronic address
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 113:13-8. 2014..Anxiety and psychological stress affect allergy-related immune function. How these relations influence the evaluations of patients with allergic rhinitis is unknown...
- Older adults' hemodynamic responses to an acute emotional stressor: short reportKathi L Heffner
The Rochester Center for Mind Body Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Exp Aging Res 39:162-78. 2013..These hemodynamic correlates of coping in response to acute stressors have not been well characterized in older adults...
- Sleep disturbance and older adults' inflammatory responses to acute stressKathi L Heffner
The Rochester Center for Mind Body Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 20:744-52. 2012..Poor sleep diminishes mental and physical health. The objective of this study was to examine associations between sleep disturbance and interleukin-6 (IL-6) responses to acute mental stress in older adults...
- Social isolation, C-reactive protein, and coronary heart disease mortality among community-dwelling adultsKathi L Heffner
The Rochester Center for Mind Body Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester, 300 Crittenden Boulevard, Box PSYCH BPSM, Rochester, NY 14642, United States
Soc Sci Med 72:1482-8. 2011..Prospective study of inflammatory pathways related to social isolation and mortality are needed to fully delineate whether and how CRP or other inflammatory markers contribute to mechanisms linking social isolation to CVD health...
- Neuroendocrine effects of stress on immunity in the elderly: implications for inflammatory diseaseKathi L Heffner
Department of Psychiatry, The Rochester Center for Mind Body Research, University of Rochester Medical Center, 300 Crittenden Boulevard, Box PSYCH BPSM, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Immunol Allergy Clin North Am 31:95-108. 2011..This article highlights evidence for the impact of age and stress on neuroendocrine regulation of inflammatory processes that may substantially increase risk for inflammatory disease at older ages...
- Chronic low back pain, sleep disturbance, and interleukin-6Kathi L Heffner
Department of Psychiatry, Rochester Center for Mind Body Research, University of Rochester Medical Center, 300 Crittenden Boulevard, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Clin J Pain 27:35-41. 2011..The aim of our study was to examine associations between sleep disturbance and circulating levels of the inflammatory cytokine, interleukin-6 (IL-6), in individuals with and without chronic low back pain...
- How stress and anxiety can alter immediate and late phase skin test responses in allergic rhinitisJanice K Kiecolt-Glaser
The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, 1670 Upham Drive, Columbus, OH 43210, United States
Psychoneuroendocrinology 34:670-80. 2009..Greater anxiety was associated with more IL-6 production by Con A-stimulated leukocytes following the stressor compared to the control visit. The data suggest that stress and anxiety can enhance and prolong AR symptoms...
- Depressive symptoms, pain, chronic medical morbidity, and interleukin-6 among primary care patientsEllen L Poleshuck
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
Pain Med 14:686-91. 2013....
- Spousal support satisfaction as a modifier of physiological responses to marital conflict in younger and older couplesKathi L Heffner
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, Ohio State University, 200 Porter Hall, Athens, Ohio 45701, USA
J Behav Med 27:233-54. 2004..These relationships provide a window on mechanisms linking marriage and health for men and women across the life span...
- Is the association between optimistic cardiovascular risk perceptions and lower rates of cardiovascular disease mortality explained by biomarkers of systemic inflammation or endothelial function? A case-cohort studyRobert Gramling
Department of Family Medicine, University of Rochester, 1381 South Avenue, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Biopsychosoc Med 4:11. 2010..e. inflammation or endothelial dysfunction)...
- Responding to the need for sleep among survivors of interpersonal violence: A randomized controlled trial of a cognitive-behavioral insomnia intervention followed by PTSD treatmentWilfred R Pigeon
Sleep and Neurophysiology Research Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY USA U S Department of Veterans Affairs Center of Excellence for Suicide Prevention, Canandaigua VA Medical Center, Canandaigua, NY USA Electronic address
Contemp Clin Trials 45:252-60. 2015..The study's overarching hypothesis is that treating insomnia will produce reduction in insomnia, PTSD, and depression severity, allowing patients to more fully engage in, and derive optimal benefits from, cognitive processing therapy. ..