Joel Randolph Hecht
Affiliation: University of California
- A randomized, placebo-controlled phase ii study evaluating the reduction of neutropenia and febrile neutropenia in patients with colorectal cancer receiving pegfilgrastim with every-2-week chemotherapyJ Randolph Hecht
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 9:95-101. 2010..This randomized, placebo-controlled phase II study examined pegfilgrastim efficacy and safety in patients with CRC receiving every-2-week chemotherapy...
- Lapatinib in Combination With Capecitabine Plus Oxaliplatin in Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2-Positive Advanced or Metastatic Gastric, Esophageal, or Gastroesophageal Adenocarcinoma: TRIO-013/LOGiC-A Randomized Phase III TrialJ Randolph Hecht
J Randolph Hecht, Zev A Wainberg, and Dennis Slamon, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Santa Monica Michael F Press, University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA Yung Jue Bang, Seoul National University College of Medicine Hyun C Chung, Yonsei Cancer Center, Yonsei Cancer Research Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine Joon O Park, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea Shukui K Qin, People s Liberation Army Cancer Center, Nanjing Bayi Hospital, Jiangsu Jianming M Xu, Affiliated Hospital of the Military Medical Science Academy, Beijing Jin Li, Cancer Hospital of Shanghai Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China Krzysztof Jeziorski, Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology, Warsaw, Poland Yaroslav Shparyk, Lviv State Regional Oncology Medical and Diagnostic Center, Lviv, Ukraine Paulo M Hoff, Sociedade Beneficente de Senhoras Hospital Sírio Libanês, Sao Paolo, Brazil Alberto Sobrero, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico San Martino Istituto Scientifico Tumori, Genova, Department of Physiology
J Clin Oncol 34:443-51. 2016..To evaluate the efficacy of adding lapatinib to capecitabine and oxaliplatin (CapeOx) in patients with previously untreated human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) -amplified advanced gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma...
- SPIRITT: A Randomized, Multicenter, Phase II Study of Panitumumab with FOLFIRI and Bevacizumab with FOLFIRI as Second-Line Treatment in Patients with Unresectable Wild Type KRAS Metastatic Colorectal CancerJ Randolph Hecht
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Santa Monica, CA Electronic address
Clin Colorectal Cancer 14:72-80. 2015....
- Extended RAS analysis for anti-epidermal growth factor therapy in patients with metastatic colorectal cancerJ Randolph Hecht
Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA Electronic address
Cancer Treat Rev 41:653-9. 2015..In the near future, it is important for the oncology community to validate extended RAS analysis assays and make certain that patients who are candidates for anti-EGFR therapy undergo appropriate testing and treatment...
- Phase I study of everolimus, cetuximab and irinotecan as second-line therapy in metastatic colorectal cancerJ Randolph Hecht
David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, CA, U S A
Anticancer Res 35:1567-73. 2015..To evaluate feasible doses of weekly everolimus and irinotecan given with cetuximab for previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC)...
- Randomized, placebo-controlled, phase III study of first-line oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy plus PTK787/ZK 222584, an oral vascular endothelial growth factor receptor inhibitor, in patients with metastatic colorectal adenocarcinomaJ Randolph Hecht
David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:1997-2003. 2011....
- Lack of correlation between epidermal growth factor receptor status and response to Panitumumab monotherapy in metastatic colorectal cancerJ Randolph Hecht
David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90404, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:2205-13. 2010..We evaluated the association of tumor EGFR expression levels with outcomes in patients with chemorefractory metastatic colorectal cancer...
- A randomized phase IIIB trial of chemotherapy, bevacizumab, and panitumumab compared with chemotherapy and bevacizumab alone for metastatic colorectal cancerJ Randolph Hecht
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:672-80. 2009..This trial evaluated panitumumab added to bevacizumab and chemotherapy (oxaliplatin- and irinotecan-based) as first-line treatment for mCRC...
- Current and emerging therapies for metastatic colorectal cancer: applying research findings to clinical practiceJ Randolph Hecht
University of California Los Angeles UCLA Gastrointestinal Oncology Program, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 10945 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 65:S15-21; quiz S22-4. 2008....
- Adjuvant therapy for gastric cancer: a reality at lastJ R Hecht
Division of Hematology Oncology, UCLA School of Medicine, 2345H PVUB, 10945 LeConte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 2:478-81. 2000..These results make adjuvant therapy for completely resected gastric carcinoma the new standard of care, except in the uncommon setting of early intramucosal cancers...
- Successful gastrointestinal cancer drug developmentJ Randolph Hecht
University of California Los Angeles GI Oncology Program, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Semin Oncol 33:S24-7. 2006....
- A phase I/II trial of intratumoral endoscopic ultrasound injection of ONYX-015 with intravenous gemcitabine in unresectable pancreatic carcinomaJ Randolph Hecht
Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:555-61. 2003..Therefore, we undertook a trial of the feasibility, tolerability, and efficacy of EUS injection of ONYX-015 into unresectable pancreatic carcinomas...
- Irinotecan and paclitaxel in metastatic adenocarcinoma of the esophagus and gastric cardiaJ Randolph Hecht
UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 17:13-5. 2003..Preliminary data from a phase II trial of this regimen in adenocarcinomas of the gastroesophageal junction show good tolerability and promising activity (response rate of 27%), even in previously treated patients...
- Improved imaging and the clinician: the role of positron emission tomography in the management of colorectal cancerJoel Randolph Hecht
Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Mol Imaging Biol 6:208-13. 2004..To best use the information provided by PET, the nuclear medicine physician and oncologist must both understand the treatment choices available for patients at various stages in the disease...
- Panitumumab monotherapy in patients with previously treated metastatic colorectal cancerJ Randolph Hecht
University of California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Cancer 110:980-8. 2007..The safety and efficacy of the fully human antibody panitumumab was evaluated in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer refractory to available therapies...
- Phase II trial of irinotecan in combination with amifostine in patients with advanced colorectal carcinomaMaria L Delioukina
University of California at Los Angeles Center for the Health Sciences and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Cancer 94:2174-9. 2002....
- Addition of bevacizumab to bolus fluorouracil and leucovorin in first-line metastatic colorectal cancer: results of a randomized phase II trialFairooz F Kabbinavar
Division of Hematology Oncology, UCLA School of Medicine, 10945 LeConte Ave, Suite 2338J, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7187, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:3697-705. 2005..This randomized, phase II trial compared bevacizumab plus fluorouracil and leucovorin (FU/LV) versus placebo plus FU/LV as first-line therapy in patients considered nonoptimal candidates for first-line irinotecan...
- Lapatinib, a dual EGFR and HER2 kinase inhibitor, selectively inhibits HER2-amplified human gastric cancer cells and is synergistic with trastuzumab in vitro and in vivoZev A Wainberg
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90404, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:1509-19. 2010....
- Panitumumab in colorectal cancerZev A Wainberg
UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 7:967-73. 2007..Ongoing studies are being performed to determine whether the addition of panitumumab to standard treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer will improve the survival of these patients...
- A phase I and pharmacokinetic study of sunitinib administered daily for 2 weeks, followed by a 1-week off periodCarolyn D Britten
David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles 90095, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 61:515-24. 2008..This trial was performed to investigate the safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of sunitinib 50 mg daily for 2 weeks followed by a 1-week off period (2/1 schedule)...
- Randomized, phase II study of the insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor inhibitor IMC-A12, with or without cetuximab, in patients with cetuximab- or panitumumab-refractory metastatic colorectal cancerDiane Lauren Reidy
Department of Medicine, Division of Solid Tumors, Gastrointestinal Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, Howard 1004, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:4240-6. 2010....
- A phase III randomized, open-label, controlled trial of chemotherapy and bevacizumab with or without panitumumab in the first-line treatment of patients with metastatic colorectal cancerZev Wainberg
GI Oncology Program, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90095, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 5:363-7. 2006
- Phase II Pilot Study of Vemurafenib in Patients With Metastatic BRAF-Mutated Colorectal CancerScott Kopetz
Scott Kopetz, Dipen Maru, Van Morris, Filip Janku, and Arvind Dasari, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX Emily Chan, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Nashville, TN Joel Randolph Hecht, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles Brian James and Garth Powis, Sanford Burnham Institute, La Jolla Keith B Nolop, Plexxikon, Berkeley Suman Bhattacharya, Genentech, South San Francisco, CA Peter J O Dwyer, Abramson Cancer Center at University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA Woonbook Chung and Jean Pierre J Issa, Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA Leonard Saltz, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY and Jayesh Desai and Peter Gibbs, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Clin Oncol 33:4032-8. 2015..Vemurafenib, an oral BRAF V600 inhibitor, has pronounced activity in patients with metastatic melanoma, but its activity in patients with BRAF V600E-positive metastatic CRC was unknown...
- Panitumumab in colon cancer: a review and summary of ongoing trialsZev Wainberg
UCLA Medical Center, Department of Medicine Hematology Oncology, Box 957187, 2338G PVUB, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7187, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 6:1229-35. 2006..Ongoing studies are being performed to determine if the addition of panitumumab to first-line standard treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer will improve the progression-free and overall survival of these patients...