William T Harris
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Myofibroblast differentiation and enhanced TGF-B signaling in cystic fibrosis lung diseaseWilliam T Harris
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e70196. 2013..TGF-β, a mediator of pulmonary fibrosis, is a genetic modifier of CF respiratory deterioration. The mechanistic relationship between TGF-β signaling and CF lung disease has not been determined...
- Transforming growth factor-beta(1) in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid from children with cystic fibrosisWilliam T Harris
Division of Pulmonology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 44:1057-64. 2009..However, few data link TGF-beta(1) protein levels and clinical markers of CF lung disease severity...
- Plasma TGF-β₁ in pediatric cystic fibrosis: potential biomarker of lung disease and response to therapyWilliam T Harris
Division of Pulmonology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1600 7th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35233 1711, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 46:688-95. 2011..Initial steps in the investigation of the relationship between TGF-β₁ and CF lung disease include determining the most appropriate available biospecimen for TGF-β₁ protein measurement...
- Association of lower airway inflammation with physiologic findings in young children with cystic fibrosisStacey L Peterson-Carmichael
Division of Pulmonology, Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 44:503-11. 2009....
- Inhaled versus systemic antibiotics and airway inflammation in children with cystic fibrosis and PseudomonasTerry L Noah
Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7127, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 45:281-90. 2010..Inhaled tobramycin has been shown to transiently clear Pseudomonas from lower airways in early cystic fibrosis (CF), but does not markedly reduce lung inflammation, a key factor in disease progression...
- Effect of Prenatal versus Postnatal Vitamin D Deficiency on Pulmonary Structure and Function in MiceAmmar Saadoon
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Pediatrics, Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol . 2016..This mouse model offers insight into the mechanisms of vitamin D deficiency associated lung disease and provides an in vivo model for investigating preclinical preventive and therapeutic strategies...
- Physiologic, bronchoscopic, and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid findings in young children with recurrent wheeze and coughJohn Saito
Division of Pulmonology, Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7220, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 41:709-19. 2006....
- Risk stratification model to detect early pulmonary disease in infants with cystic fibrosis diagnosed by newborn screeningLaCrecia J Britton
Children s of Alabama Cystic Fibrosis Center, Birmingham, Alabama
Pediatr Pulmonol 51:1168-1176. 2016..Identification of risk factors for infant CF lung disease could facilitate targeted interventions to improve pulmonary outcomes...
- Crohn's disease with pulmonary manifestations in children: 2 case reports and review of the literatureNarendra B Vadlamudi
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Children s of Alabama, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
J Crohns Colitis 7:e85-92. 2013..Awareness of these pulmonary complications of CD in children may lead to more prompt diagnosis, guide appropriate therapy, and decrease morbidity...