Wendy F Hansen
Affiliation: University of Kentucky
- Metoclopramide effect on breastfeeding the preterm infant: a randomized trialWendy F Hansen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Obstet Gynecol 105:383-9. 2005..To investigate the effect of metoclopramide on breast milk volume and duration of breastfeeding in women delivering preterm...
- Attitudes of faculty and students toward case-based learning in the third-year obstetrics and gynecology clerkshipWendy F Hansen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:644-7. 2005..This study was undertaken to compare the attitudes of faculty and medical students toward case-based learning and lecture format during the obstetrics and gynecology clerkship...
- Extreme morbid obesity and labor outcome in nulliparous women at termMatthew J Garabedian
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
Am J Perinatol 28:729-34. 2011..We speculate a qualitative or quantitative deficiency in the hormonal regulation of labor exists in the morbidly obese parturient. More research is needed to better understand the influence of morbid obesity on labor...
- Should we treat periodontal disease during gestation to improve pregnancy outcomes?James E Ferguson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 50:454-67. 2007..Further studies will be required to determine the nature of the association and the optimal timing and efficacy of intervention...
- Factors associated with substance use during pregnancy: results from a national sampleJennifer R Havens
Center on Drug and Alcohol Research, Department of Behavioral Science, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, 915B South Limestone Street, Lexington, KY 40536 9824, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 99:89-95. 2009..To examine the prevalence and correlates of substance use during pregnancy among women in the United States...
- Up-regulation of oxytocin receptor expression at term is related to maternal body mass indexMatthew J Garabedian
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Am J Perinatol 30:491-7. 2013..The likelihood of cesarean is in part related to maternal body mass index (BMI). Myometrial changes may be responsible...
- Headache and neurological disease in pregnancyChristy F Pearce
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 55:810-28. 2012..The disabling neurological disorders-multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, and spinal cord injury are grouped due to common morbidities affecting pregnancy. Finally, Bell palsy is also reviewed...
- The yeast connection: is Candida linked to breastfeeding associated pain?Janet I Andrews
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:424.e1-4. 2007..The objective of the study was to determine whether the isolation of Candida from breastfeeding women is associated with self-reported pain...
- Violence against women and postpartum depressionMatthew J Garabedian
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kentucky, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536 0293, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 20:447-53. 2011..We examined the association between these violence exposures and self-reported history of postpartum depression (PPD)...
- Ureterocele causing anhydramnios successfully treated with percutaneous decompressionWendy F Hansen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa, USA wendy hansen2uiowa edu
Obstet Gynecol 99:953-6. 2002..Ureteroceles are congenital cystic dilatations of the submucosal segment of the distal ureter. We present a case of an intravesical ureterocele causing anhydramnios at 31 weeks' gestation...
- Pharmacologic therapy for medical disorders during pregnancyWendy F Hansen
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine and Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment Unit, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1080, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 45:136-52. 2002
- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy: review of the literatureBrigid A Mullally
University of Iowa, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Obstet Gynecol Surv 57:47-52. 2002..When ICP is diagnosed, UDCA coupled with close maternal-fetal surveillance is indicated. Delivery should be effected near term, with confirmation of fetal lung maturity or earlier if fetal compromise is identified...
- Safe prescribing practices in pregnancy and lactationWendy F Hansen
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 47:409-21. 2002..In each category, current evidence is presented pertaining to which agents should be recommended for pregnant women...