Robin L Hansen
Affiliation: University of California
- Neonatal cytokines and chemokines and risk of Autism Spectrum Disorder: the Early Markers for Autism (EMA) study: a case-control studyOusseny Zerbo
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
J Neuroinflammation 11:113. 2014..Research on potential biologic markers early in neurodevelopment is required to evaluate possible causal pathways and screening profiles...
- Increased midgestational IFN-γ, IL-4 and IL-5 in women bearing a child with autism: A case-control studyPaula E Goines
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, University of California at Davis, 451 Health Sciences Dr, Suite 6510, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Mol Autism 2:13. 2011..abstract:..
- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers in relation to autism and developmental delay: a case-control studyIrva Hertz-Picciotto
Department of Public Health Sciences, School of Medicine, University of California, MS1C, One Shields Ave, Davis, California, USA
Environ Health 10:1. 2011..PBDEs and their metabolites cross the placenta and studies in rodents demonstrate neurodevelopmental toxicity from prenatal exposures. PBDE exposures occur both via breastfeeding and hand-to-mouth activities in small children...
- Regression in autism: prevalence and associated factors in the CHARGE StudyRobin L Hansen
Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders Institute, University of California, Davis, Sacramento 95817, USA
Ambul Pediatr 8:25-31. 2008..The aim of this study was to examine the prevalence of regressive autism and associated demographic, medical, and developmental factors by using 2 different definitions of regression based on the Autism Diagnostic Interview, Revised...
- Maternal periconceptional folic acid intake and risk of autism spectrum disorders and developmental delay in the CHARGE (CHildhood Autism Risks from Genetics and Environment) case-control studyRebecca J Schmidt
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California Davis School of Medicine, Davis, CA 95616 8638, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 96:80-9. 2012..Periconceptional folate is essential for proper neurodevelopment...
- Maternal metabolic conditions and risk for autism and other neurodevelopmental disordersPaula Krakowiak
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, California, USA
Pediatrics 129:e1121-8. 2012....
- MAOA, DBH, and SLC6A4 variants in CHARGE: a case-control study of autism spectrum disordersFlora Tassone
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Autism Res 4:250-61. 2011..19, 7.91, P = 0.02 for AU vs. TD, and OR = 3.26, 95% CI = 1.35, 7.89, P = 0.009 for AU+ASD vs. TD). These results suggest a potential role of the functional MAOA promoter alleles in the male child, the mother, or both in ASD...
- Preeclampsia, placental insufficiency, and autism spectrum disorder or developmental delayCheryl K Walker
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis2Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders MIND Institute, University of California, Davis
JAMA Pediatr 169:154-62. 2015..Preeclampsia may trigger aberrant neurodevelopment through placental, maternal, and fetal physiologic mechanisms...
- Decreased transforming growth factor beta1 in autism: a potential link between immune dysregulation and impairment in clinical behavioral outcomesPaul Ashwood
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of California at Davis, United States
J Neuroimmunol 204:149-53. 2008..Such immune dysregulation may predispose to the development of possible autoimmune responses and/or adverse neuroimmune interactions during critical windows in development...
- Neurodevelopmental disorders and prenatal residential proximity to agricultural pesticides: the CHARGE studyJanie F Shelton
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, Davis, California, USA
Environ Health Perspect 122:1103-9. 2014..Gestational exposure to several common agricultural pesticides can induce developmental neurotoxicity in humans, and has been associated with developmental delay and autism...
- Utilization patterns of conventional and complementary/alternative treatments in children with autism spectrum disorders and developmental disabilities in a population-based studyRoger S Akins
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA MIND Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders Institute, University of California, Davis, CA Department of Pediatrics, Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Portsmouth, VA Divisions of Epidemiology and Environmental and Occupational Health, Department of Public Health Sciences, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 35:1-10. 2014..To compare the utilization of conventional treatments and utilization of complementary and alternative medicine in preschoolers with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and other developmental disabilities (DD)...
- Autism spectrum disorders in Hispanics and non-HispanicsVirginia Chaidez
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA 95618, USA
Autism 16:381-97. 2012..To compare differences in autism between Hispanic and non-Hispanics. We also examined the relationship between multiple language exposure and language function and scores of children...
- Sleep problems in children with autism spectrum disorders, developmental delays, and typical development: a population-based studyPaula Krakowiak
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Public Health Sciences, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
J Sleep Res 17:197-206. 2008..Factor scores for children with DD were intermediate between the ASD and TD groups. Cognitive or adaptive development did not predict severity of sleep problems in the ASD group...
- Minor physical anomalies in children with autism spectrum disordersKathleen Angkustsiri
University of California, Davis, USA
Autism 15:746-60. 2011..This study employs an adaptation of Miles and Hillman's (2000) classifications by using photographs to identify a subgroup with significant dysmorphology among children with ASD, typical development (TYP), and developmental delay (DD)...
- Increased anti-phospholipid antibodies in autism spectrum disordersMilo Careaga
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, Davis, USA MIND Institute, University of California, 2805 50th Street Sacramento, Davis, CA 95817, USA
Mediators Inflamm 2013:935608. 2013....
- Gastrointestinal problems in children with autism, developmental delays or typical developmentVirginia Chaidez
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, 1616 DaVinci Ct, Davis, CA, 95618, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 44:1117-27. 2014..Frequent GI problems affect young children with ASD and DD more commonly than those with TD. Maladaptive behaviors correlate with GI problems, suggesting these comorbidities require attention. ..
- Is maternal influenza or fever during pregnancy associated with autism or developmental delays? Results from the CHARGE (CHildhood Autism Risks from Genetics and Environment) studyOusseny Zerbo
Department of Public Health Sciences, MS1C, University of California Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 43:25-33. 2013..However, the fever-associated ASD risk was attenuated among mothers who reported taking antipyretic medications (OR = 1.30, 95 % CI 0.59, 2.84), but remained elevated for those who did not (OR = 2.55, 95 % CI 1.30, 4.99)...
- Prenatal vitamins, one-carbon metabolism gene variants, and risk for autismRebecca J Schmidt
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California Davis School of Medicine, Davis, CA, USA
Epidemiology 22:476-85. 2011..Causes of autism are unknown. Associations with maternal nutritional factors and their interactions with gene variants have not been reported...
- MECP2 promoter methylation and X chromosome inactivation in autismRaman P Nagarajan
Medical Microbiology and Immunology and Rowe Program in Human Genetics, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Autism Res 1:169-78. 2008..These results suggest that the aberrant MECP2 methylation in autism brain DNA samples is due to locus-specific rather than global X chromosome methylation changes...
- Prenatal mercury exposure, autism, and developmental delay, using pharmacokinetic combination of newborn blood concentrations and questionnaire data: a case control studyStephen J McKean
University of California, Davis, Davis, CA, USA
Environ Health 14:62. 2015....
- Complementary and alternative medicine in autism: an evidence-based approach to negotiating safe and efficacious interventions with familiesR Scott Akins
The MIND Institute, Pediatrics, University of California, Davis, 2825 50th Street, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Neurotherapeutics 7:307-19. 2010....
- Neurodevelopmental outcome at 8 months and 4 years among infants born full-term small-for-gestational-ageLaura L Jelliffe-Pawlowski
Department of Human and Community Development, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA, USA
J Perinatol 24:505-14. 2004..To examine the association between intrauterine growth restriction and neurodevelopmental outcome among full-term small-for-gestational-age (SGAT) infants at 8 months and 4 years of age...
- Secretin and sleep in children with autismRyan D Honomichl
University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 33:107-23. 2002..Because of the small sample size, the results from both trials are preliminary. They suggest that secretin, porcine or synthetic, does not improve sleep-wake state organization dramatically...