Nancy P Hanrahan
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- A pilot randomized control trial: testing a transitional care model for acute psychiatric conditionsNancy P Hanrahan
Nancy P Hanrahan, PhD, RN, FAAN, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc 20:315-27. 2014..The transitional care model (TCM) is evidence-based and demonstrated to improve posthospital outcomes for elderly with physical health conditions, but it has not been studied in the population with serious mental illness...
- Randomized Clinical Trial of the Effectiveness of a Home-Based Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurse Intervention: Outcomes for Individuals with Serious Mental Illness and HIVNancy P Hanrahan
Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research, School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, 418 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19204 4217, USA
Nurs Res Pract 2011:840248. 2011..03) from baseline to 12 months. The advanced practice psychiatric nurse intervention is a model of care that holds promise for a higher quality of care and outcomes for this vulnerable population...
- Blueprint for development of the advanced practice psychiatric nurse workforceNancy P Hanrahan
Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research, Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4217, USA
Nurs Outlook 60:91-104. 2012..No change has as much potential to influence the APRN-PMH workforce as the uniting of all APRN-PMHs in a "Blueprint for APRN-PMH Workforce Development."..
- Health care reform and the federal transformation initiatives: capitalizing on the potential of advanced practice psychiatric nursesNancy P Hanrahan
University of Pennsylvania, 418 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Policy Polit Nurs Pract 11:235-44. 2010..Strategies for facilitating utilization of advanced practice psychiatric nurses discussed...
- Adverse events associated with organizational factors of general hospital inpatient psychiatric care environmentsNancy P Hanrahan
Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research, University of Pennsylvania, School of Nursing, 418 Curie Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychiatr Serv 61:569-74. 2010..The events examined were wrong medication, patient falls with injuries, complaints from patients and families, work-related staff injuries, and verbal abuse directed toward nurses...
- Relationship between psychiatric nurse work environments and nurse burnout in acute care general hospitalsNancy P Hanrahan
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 31:198-207. 2010..These results suggest that adjustments in organizational management of inpatient psychiatric environments could have a positive effect on psychiatric nurses' capacity to sustain safe and effective patient care environments...
- Psychiatric nurse reports on the quality of psychiatric care in general hospitalsNancy P Hanrahan
Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research, Leonard David Institute of Health Economics, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 17:210-7. 2008..Collectively, the results from this study underscore the organizational problems and quality-of-care issues that cause psychiatric nurses in general hospital settings to evaluate their work environments negatively...
- Employment of advanced-practice psychiatric nurses to stem rural mental health workforce shortagesNancy P Hanrahan
Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Claire Fagin Hall, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:109-11. 2008..This brief report describes the workforce of advanced-practice psychiatric nurses (APPNs) and explores their potential to ease the rural mental health workforce shortage...
- Measuring inpatient psychiatric environments: psychometric properties of the Practice Environment Scale-Nursing Work Index (PES-NWI)Nancy P Hanrahan
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research, Nursing Education Building 328, 420 Guardian Drive, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Int J Psychiatr Nurs Res 12:1521-8. 2007..Reference values could also be a tool for managers to target needed quality improvements and measure progress toward change in clinical environments...
- Core data elements tracking elder sexual abuseNancy P Hanrahan
The Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Nursing Education Building, Room 337, 420 Guardian Drive, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Clin Geriatr Med 21:413-27. 2005....
- Analysis of the psychiatric-mental health nurse workforce in the United StatesNancy P Hanrahan
School of Nursing, Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4217, USA
J Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv 47:34-42. 2009....
- Perceived facilitators and barriers to the implementation of an advanced practice: nursing intervention for HIV regimen adherence among the seriously mentally illAnn Kutney Lee
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research Room 325, 420 Guardian Drive, Philadelphia PA 19104, USA
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 13:626-8. 2006
- A randomized trial of a nursing intervention for HIV disease management among persons with serious mental illnessMichael B Blank
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 3309, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:1318-24. 2011..The objective of this study was to test the effectiveness of a community-based advanced practice nurse (APN) intervention (PATH, Preventing AIDS Through Health) to promote adherence to HIV and psychiatric treatment regimens...
- Practice patterns and potential solutions to the shortage of providers of older adult mental health servicesNancy P Hanrahan
Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research, School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Policy Polit Nurs Pract 6:236-45. 2005..APNs seem to be an untapped resource for providing mental health services to older adults. Health policy reform is needed to remove barriers to meet mental health care needs...
- Autovideography: The Lived Experience of Recovery for Adults with Serious Mental IllnessRyan Petros
University of Pennsylvania School of Social Policy and Practice, 3815 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, USA
Psychiatr Q 87:417-26. 2016....
- Forensic markers in elder female sexual abuse casesAnn W Burgess
William Connell School of Nursing, Boston College, 120 Commonwealth Avenue, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, USA
Clin Geriatr Med 21:399-412. 2005..This study contributes critical information to guide the identification of physical and psychologic markers of elder sexual abuse to be integrated by clinicians and law enforcement as forensic medical evidence...
- Using data to increase the national presence of psychiatric mental health nursingKathleen R Delaney
College of Nursing, Rush University, Chicago, IL 60201, USA
Arch Psychiatr Nurs 21:112-5. 2007