Laura J Hanisch
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Hot flashes and panic attacks: a comparison of symptomatology, neurobiology, treatment, and a role for cognitionLaura J Hanisch
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Psychol Bull 134:247-69. 2008..This model yields readily testable hypotheses and may provide a template for exploring the role of cognition in the frequency and severity of hot flashes and, in turn, a basis for the development of nonpharmacological treatments...
- Endogenous opioids and hot flushes still hypotheticalLaura J Hanisch
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Lancet 367:92-3. 2006
- Validation of sternal skin conductance for detection of hot flashes in prostate cancer survivorsLaura J Hanisch
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Psychophysiology 44:189-93. 2007..This study demonstrates that sternal skin conductance can be used to detect hot flashes in men in a manner analogous to its utilization among women. Such use would improve outcome analysis of treatment studies...
- Increases in core body temperature precede hot flashes in a prostate cancer patientLaura J Hanisch
Behavioral Oncology, University of Pennsylvania, 3535 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychooncology 18:564-7. 2009..We present preliminary findings of physiological changes in a prostate cancer patient with frequent hot flashes...
- Comparison of objective and patient-reported hot flash measures in men with prostate cancerLaura J Hanisch
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, School of Social Policy and Practice, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Support Oncol 7:131-5. 2009..Conversely, the use of retrospective diaries may be adequate for clinical practice to determine clinically significant changes in salient events...
- Hot flashes during pregnancy: a comparative studyLaura J Hanisch
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, United States
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 151:38-40. 2010..To conduct a preliminary study assessing the association of hot flashes with pregnancy...
- Sleep and daily functioning during androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancerL J Hanisch
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 20:549-54. 2011..5, P= 0.04) General quality of life was not impaired. This study supports more research on the predictors of poor sleep in order to identify effective interventions...
- Psychotherapy does not promote survival (Kissane et al., 2007): now what?James C Coyne
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, PA, USA
Psychooncology 16:1050-2. 2007