D Kojo Hamilton
Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Follicular lymphoma of the dura: case reportD Kojo Hamilton
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Neurosurgery 59:E703-4; discussion E703-4. 2006..The case illustrates the clinical, radiological, and histological relevance of this rare entity...
- Outcomes of bone morphogenetic protein-2 in mature adults: posterolateral non-instrument-assisted lumbar decompression and fusionD Kojo Hamilton
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Surg Neurol 69:457-61; discussion 461-2. 2008..This retrospective analysis presents a comprehensive examination of spinal fusion, functional outcomes, and pain relief in a growing elderly population in which a BMP was used...
- Does bone morphogenetic protein increase the incidence of perioperative complications in spinal fusion? A comparison of 55,862 cases of spinal fusion with and without bone morphogenetic proteinBrian J Williams
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 36:1685-91. 2011..Retrospective review of a multi-institutional, multisurgeon database...
- Safety, efficacy, and dosing of recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein-2 for posterior cervical and cervicothoracic instrumented fusion with a minimum 2-year follow-upD Kojo Hamilton
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Neurosurgery 69:103-11; discussion 111. 2011..Considerable attention has focused on concerns of increased complications with recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein-2 (rhBMP-2) use for anterior cervical fusion, but few reports have assessed its use for posterior cervical fusions...
- Rates of new neurological deficit associated with spine surgery based on 108,419 procedures: a report of the scoliosis research society morbidity and mortality committeeD Kojo Hamilton
University of Maryland, School of Medicine, Department of Neurological Surgery, Baltimore, MD, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 36:1218-28. 2011..Retrospective review of a prospectively collected, multicenter database...
- Time to development, clinical and radiographic characteristics, and management of proximal junctional kyphosis following adult thoracolumbar instrumented fusion for spinal deformityDavis L Reames
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA Department of Neurosurgery, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, OR Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
J Spinal Disord Tech 28:E106-14. 2015..A retrospective review...
- Sexual function in older adults following thoracolumbar to pelvic instrumentation for spinal deformityD Kojo Hamilton
Department of Neurosurgery, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 19:95-100. 2013..The authors' objective was to assess sexual function among older adults following thoracolumbar fusion with pelvic fixation for spinal deformity...
- C-2 neurectomy during atlantoaxial instrumented fusion in the elderly: patient satisfaction and surgical outcomeD Kojo Hamilton
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 15:3-8. 2011..The authors' objective was to assess the surgical and clinical impact of routine C-2 neurectomy performed with C1-2 segmental instrumented arthrodesis in a consecutive series of elderly patients with C1-2 instability...
- Use of trans sodium crocetinate for sensitizing glioblastoma multiforme to radiation: laboratory investigationJason Sheehan
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Neurosurg 108:972-8. 2008..Trans sodium crocetinate (TSC) has been shown to increase oxygen diffusion in the brain and elevate the partial brain oxygen level. The goal of this study was to evaluate the radiosensitizing effects of TSC on GBM tumors...
- An analysis of deep vein thrombosis in 1277 consecutive neurosurgical patients undergoing routine weekly ultrasonographyAkil P Patel
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Neurosurg 118:505-9. 2013..The authors analyzed the effectiveness of weekly lower-extremity venous duplex ultrasonography (LEVDU) in patients requiring surgical intervention for cranial or spinal pathology for detection of DVT and prevention of PE...
- Morbidity and mortality in the surgical treatment of 10,242 adults with spondylolisthesisCharles A Sansur
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 13:589-93. 2010..This database was reviewed to assess complication incidence, and to identify factors that were associated with increased complication rates...