Allison Cohen Hall
Affiliation: University of Massachusetts
- Pushing the employment agenda: case study research of high performing States in integrated employmentAllison Cohen Hall
Institute for Community Inclusion, University of Massachusetts, 100 Morrissey Blvd, Boston, MA 02125, USA
Intellect Dev Disabil 45:182-98. 2007..Implications are presented with respect to state systems, community rehabilitation providers as partners in planning, and future leadership in the field...
- Social capital through workplace connections: opportunities for workers with intellectual disabilitiesAllison Cohen Hall
Institute for Community Inclusion, University of Massachusetts, Boston, Massachusetts 02125, USA
J Soc Work Disabil Rehabil 8:146-70. 2009..The role of family members emerged as critical in the support of community employment and its potential for social capital development...
- Maximizing competence through professional development: increasing disability knowledge among One-Stop Career Center staffAllison Cohen Hall
Institute for Community Inclusion, University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA 02125, USA
Work 26:355-67. 2006..Implications are offered to stimulate thinking and creativity in local One-Stops regarding the most effective ways to facilitate staff learning and, in turn, improve services for customers with disabilities...
- Active aging for individuals with intellectual disability: meaningful community participation through employment, retirement, service, and volunteerismSheila Lynch Fesko
University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Intellect Dev Disabil 117:497-508. 2012..Recommendations for service options, policy consideration, and future research are also discussed...
- Choosing employment: factors that impact employment decisions for individuals with intellectual disabilityJaimie Ciulla Timmons
Institute for Community Inclusion, University of Massachusetts Boston, MA 02125, USA
Intellect Dev Disabil 49:285-99. 2011..Through understanding these persuasive elements, we offer recommendations to those in the intellectual and developmental disabilities field to optimize employment choices and outcomes...