Benjamin E Haithcock
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Treatment of surgically resectable non-small-cell lung cancer in elderly patientsBenjamin E Haithcock
Multidisciplinary Thoracic Oncology Program, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7065, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 10:405-9. 2009..This review article describes surgical resection, rationale for adjuvant therapy, and the role of molecular markers in this growing patient population...
- Alterations of LKB1 and KRAS and risk of brain metastasis: comprehensive characterization by mutation analysis, copy number, and gene expression in non-small-cell lung carcinomaNi Zhao
The Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States Department of Biostatistics, The Gilling School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States
Lung Cancer 86:255-61. 2014..In this study, we systematically analyzed how LKB1 and KRAS alteration, measured by mutation, gene expression (GE) and copy number (CN), are associated with brain metastasis in NSCLC...
- Rapid on-site pathologic evaluation does not increase the efficacy of endobronchial ultrasonographic biopsy for mediastinal stagingMark Joseph
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 96:403-10. 2013..Rapid on-site evaluation (ROSE) to determine the adequacy of nodal sampling has been claimed to be beneficial...
- Effectiveness and risks associated with intrapleural alteplase by means of tube thoracostomySharon Ben-Or
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7065, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 91:860-3; discussion 863-4. 2011..Intrapleural fibrinolysis has added an alternative to surgical intervention in patients with complex pleural processes. This study describes the use of alteplase as an alternative to surgical intervention for these processes...
- Differential pathogenesis of lung adenocarcinoma subtypes involving sequence mutations, copy number, chromosomal instability, and methylationMatthew D Wilkerson
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e36530. 2012..Patients may have incurred different mutations and alterations that led to the different subtypes. We hypothesized that the LAD molecular subtypes co-occur with distinct mutations and alterations in patient tumors...
- Variability in defining T1N0 non-small cell lung cancer impacts locoregional failure and survivalMert Saynak
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 90:1645-9; discussion 1649-50. 2010..That may be the result of incomplete resection or inaccurate staging. We assessed the impact of extent of nodal staging on the rate of locoregional failure and patient survival...