David L Hahn
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Tokenism in patient engagementDavid L Hahn
Wisconsin Research and Education Network, Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, USA
Fam Pract . 2016..Tokenism is defined as the practice of making perfunctory or symbolic efforts to engage communities or patients...
- Secondary outcomes of a pilot randomized trial of azithromycin treatment for asthmaDavid L Hahn
Dean Medical Center, East Clinic, Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
PLoS Clin Trials 1:e11. 2006..The secondary objectives were to investigate (1) whether azithromycin treatment would affect any asthma outcomes and (2) whether C. pneumoniae serology would be related to outcomes. This report presents the secondary results...
- Azithromycin for bronchial asthma in adults: an effectiveness trialDavid L Hahn
Dean Clinic, Madison, WI, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 25:442-59. 2012..Macrolides have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that may be useful in the treatment of chronic asthma...
- Feasibility of a practical clinical trial for asthma conducted in primary careDavid L Hahn
Department of Family Practice, Dean Medical Center, Madison, Wisconsin 53716, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 17:190-5. 2004..questions: (1) Was clinician interest initiated and maintained? (2) Did clinicians enroll patients into an RCT and complete follow-up? (3) Was an interactive voice-response (IVR) telephone system useful to collect patient-reported data?..
- Importance of evidence grading for guideline implementation: the example of asthmaDavid L Hahn
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Ann Fam Med 7:364-9. 2009..An evidence-grading system based on applicable populations, patient-oriented outcomes, and shared decision making might improve physician and patient guideline adherence and improve asthma outcomes...
- Airflow limitation, asthma, and Chlamydia pneumoniae-specific heat shock protein 60David L Hahn
Department of Family Practice, Dean Medical Center, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 101:614-8. 2008..The pathogenesis of C trachomatis disease associations is thought to include molecular mimicry (autoimmunity), direct activation of the innate immune response via the CD14/toll-like receptor 4 complex, or both...
- Chlamydia pneumoniae-specific IgE is prevalent in asthma and is associated with disease severityDavid L Hahn
Departments of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, and Dean Clinic, Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e35945. 2012..Several Chlamydia pneumoniae (Cp) biomarkers have been associated with asthma but Cp-specific IgE (Cp IgE) has not been investigated extensively. Our objective was to investigate Cp IgE in community adult asthma patients...
- How practice-based research changed the way I manage depressionDavid L Hahn
Arcand Park Clinic, 3434 East Washington Ave, Madison, WI 53704, USA
J Fam Pract 52:784-8. 2003
- Chlamydia pneumoniae as a respiratory pathogenDavid L Hahn
Arcand Park Clinic, Dean Medical Center, Madison WI 53704, USA
Front Biosci 7:e66-76. 2002..pneumoniae infection, and to advance our knowledge and understanding of the role of chronic infection in asthma, chronic bronchitis and COPD...
- Clinician and Staff Perspectives on Participating in Practice-based Research (PBR): A Report from the Wisconsin Research and Education Network (WREN)Amanda E Hoffmann
From the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI
J Am Board Fam Med 28:639-48. 2015..Also included are their suggestions to researchers and clinicians for future collaborations...
- Screening for obesity: clinical tools in evolution, a WREN studyPaul D Smith
University of Wisconsin, Department of Family Medicine, 1100 Delaplaine Ct, Madison, WI 53715, USA
WMJ 109:274-8. 2010..This recommendation acknowledges the absence of evidence for patient-oriented benefits (lower morbidity or mortality)...
- Beyond the Dutch hypothesisDavid L Hahn
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 174:1056; author reply 1057. 2006
- Chlamydia pneumoniae and airway remodelingDavid L Hahn
J Allergy Clin Immunol 117:1193; author reply 1193-4. 2006
- Why is "hard" evidence "hard" to accept?David L Hahn
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:932; author reply 932-3. 2006
- Does most asthma really begin during the preschool years?David L Hahn
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:575-6; author reply 576. 2006
- Origins of atopy in pediatric asthmaDavid L Hahn
J Allergy Clin Immunol 115:425-6; author reply 426. 2005
- Chlamydia pneumoniae and asthma: more than just exacerbationsDavid L Hahn
J Allergy Clin Immunol 113:568. 2004