Christopher K Haddock
Affiliation: University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Testing the performance of the ENRICHD Social Support Instrument in cardiac patientsJoseph Vaglio
Mid America Heart Institute at St Lukes Hospital, Kansas City, MO, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:24. 2004..Validity and reliability of the ESSI, however, has not been formally tested in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- Pharmacotherapy for obesity: a quantitative analysis of four decades of published randomized clinical trialsC K Haddock
University of Missouri Kansas City and Mid America Heart Institute, St Luke s Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri 64110, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:262-73. 2002..This article provides the first comprehensive meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials of medications for obesity...
- Smoking and health outcomes after percutaneous coronary interventionC Keith Haddock
Mid America Heart Institute, St Luke s Hospital, and University of Missouri, Kansas City, MO 64111, USA
Am Heart J 145:652-7. 2003..This study was designed to describe the impact of smoking on health status and mortality after percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- Modified tobacco use and lifestyle change in risk-reducing beliefs about smokingC Keith Haddock
Department of Epidemiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Am J Prev Med 27:35-41. 2004..Strategies examined included switching to low-yield cigarettes, replacing cigarettes with cigars, switching from cigarettes to smokeless tobacco, adopting a healthy diet, and engaging in regular exercise...
- Which pediatric residents assist and arrange follow-up for patients and parents who use tobacco?C Keith Haddock
University of Missouri Kansas City, Mid America Heart Institute, Saint Luke s Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri 64110, USA
J Adolesc Health 36:531-3. 2005....
- An analysis of messages about tobacco in military installation newspapersC Keith Haddock
Department of Psychology, University of Missouri Kansas City, 4825 Troost Ave, Suite 124, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Am J Public Health 95:1458-63. 2005..We sought to gauge the relative attention that tobacco control receives in military newspapers by comparing coverage of tobacco use with that of other health topics of importance to the military...
- The validity of self-rated health as a measure of health status among young military personnel: evidence from a cross-sectional surveyChristopher K Haddock
School of Medicine, University of Missouri Kansas City, 2411 Holmes Street, Room MC M03, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 4:57. 2006..Limited information is available to date that examines what relationships exist between self-rated health, health status and health related behaviors among relatively young, healthy individuals...
- An analysis of messages about tobacco in the Military Times magazinesC Keith Haddock
Department of Informatic Medicine and Personalized Health, School of Medicine, University of Missouri Kansas City, Western Missouri Mental Health Center, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 10:1191-7. 2008..These findings may partially explain the recent significant increase in smokeless tobacco use among military personnel...
- Banning cigarette smoking on US Navy submarines: a case studyHarry A Lando
Department of Epidemiology, University of Minnesota School of Public Health, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Tob Control 24:e188-92. 2015..This is especially true in closed environments and submarines may be deployed for months at a time. The current case study describes the successful implementation by the Navy of a comprehensive ban on smoking aboard submarines...