Ann L Hackman
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Transitioning clients from assertive community treatment to traditional mental health servicesAnn L Hackman
Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Community Ment Health J 45:1-5. 2009..There were no statistically significant differences in demographics, diagnoses, and other treatment factors between the two groups...
- Consumer satisfaction with inpatient psychiatric treatment among persons with severe mental illnessAnn Hackman
Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland, 630 W Fayette Street, 4th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Community Ment Health J 43:551-64. 2007..This may reflect value consumers place on staff time, attention and communication. Teaching may enhance self-efficacy and hope thereby facilitating recovery...
- Psychiatrists and primary caring: what are our boundaries of responsibility?Lisa B Dixon
Psychiatr Serv 58:600-2. 2007..Characteristics of the setting, practitioner, and patient that affect how such responsibilities are fulfilled are also discussed...
- Improving employment outcomes for persons with severe mental illnessesAnthony F Lehman
Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland, 701 W Pratt St, Suite 388, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 59:165-72. 2002..This study assesses the effectiveness of the Individual Placement and Support model of supportive employment relative to usual psychosocial rehabilitation services for improving employment among inner-city patients with these disorders...
- Predictors of HIV and hepatitis testing and related service utilization among individuals with serious mental illnessRichard W Goldberg
University of Maryland Baltimore School of Medicine, Division of Services Research, and the VA Capitol Health Care Network Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Psychosomatics 46:573-7. 2005..Only 15% of the sample was immunized against hepatitis B. Medical hospitalization was the only factor related to immunization. These results indicate an urgent need to improve access to HIV and hepatitis testing and related treatment...
- Physical wellness and employment status among adults with serious mental illnessRichard W Goldberg
VA Capitol Health Care Network, VISN 5, Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Community Ment Health J 44:245-51. 2008..Recommendations to enhance existing models of supported employment programs with physical health and wellness promotion components are offered...
- The RAISE Connection Program: Psychopharmacological Treatment of People With a First Episode of SchizophreniaJulie A Kreyenbuhl
Dr Kreyenbuhl, Dr Medoff, and Dr Hackman are with the Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore e mail Dr Kreyenbuhl and Dr Medoff are also with the Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Department of Veterans Affairs Capitol Healthcare Network VISN 5, Baltimore Dr McEvoy is with the Department of Psychiatry, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta University, Augusta Dr Smith, Dr Nossel, Dr Dixon, and Dr Essock are with the Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, and with the New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York City Dr Buchanan is with the Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore
Psychiatr Serv 67:1300-1306. 2016....
- Use of the internet and other media for health information among clinic outpatients with serious mental illnessDina L G Borzekowski
Department of Health, Behavior, and Society, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 624 N Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:1265-8. 2009..This study examined how people with serious mental illness access and use media to receive health information...
- Use of emergency department services for somatic reasons by people with serious mental illnessAnn L Hackman
Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore 21201, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:563-6. 2006..This study identified factors associated with use of the emergency department for medical reasons among individuals with serious mental illness...
- Media and internet ownership and use among mental health outpatients with serious mental illnessSara Clayton
Department of Psychology, VA Maryland Health Care System, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 35:364-7. 2009..To determine whether people with serious mental illness (SMI) and substance use disorder (SUD) use the Internet to receive health information...
- Mental health providers' involvement in diabetes managementRichard W Goldberg
Psychiatr Serv 58:1501-2. 2007