Leonard J Haas
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Teaching behavior change skills to first-year medical students: a small group experiential approachL J Haas
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of Utah Medical School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, 84132, USA
Educ Health (Abingdon) 13:337-45. 2000..Doctors" and "patients" had one or two follow-up visits. Students evaluated their goal attainment and the value of their experience as "patient" and as "doctor."..
- Psychopathology and emotional distress among older high-utilizing health maintenance organization patientsL J Haas
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City 84132, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 54:M577-82. 1999..This study aimed to assess the degree of psychopathology present in a sample of older health maintenance organization (HMO) patients who utilized higher-than-average amounts of medical services...
- Management of the difficult patientLeonard J Haas
The University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Am Fam Physician 72:2063-8. 2005..Physicians should seek professional care or support from peers. Specific communication techniques and greater patient involvement in the process of care may enhance the relationship...
- Improving the effectiveness of the medical visit: a brief visit-structuring workshop changes patients' perceptions of primary care visitsLeonard J Haas
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of Utah, 375 Chipeta Way, Suite A, Salt Lake City, 84108, USA
Patient Educ Couns 62:374-8. 2006..To teach visit-structuring strategies to primary care clinicians with a 1.5-h experiential workshop and assess its effect on patient perceptions of their medical visits...
- Changing family physicians' visit structuring behavior: a pilot studyLeonard J Haas
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84132, USA
Fam Med 35:726-9. 2003....