Theresa W Guilbert
Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Atopic characteristics of children with recurrent wheezing at high risk for the development of childhood asthmaTheresa W Guilbert
Arizona Respiratory Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:1282-7. 2004....
- Long-term inhaled corticosteroids in preschool children at high risk for asthmaTheresa W Guilbert
Division of Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine, Arizona Respiratory Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
N Engl J Med 354:1985-97. 2006..It is unknown whether inhaled corticosteroids can modify the subsequent development of asthma in preschool children at high risk for asthma...
- Use of beclomethasone dipropionate as rescue treatment for children with mild persistent asthma (TREXA): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialFernando D Martinez
Arizona Respiratory Center, College of Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
Lancet 377:650-7. 2011..We assessed the effectiveness of an inhaled corticosteroid (beclomethasone dipropionate) used as rescue treatment...
- The Prevention of Early Asthma in Kids study: design, rationale and methods for the Childhood Asthma Research and Education networkTheresa W Guilbert
Division of Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine, Arizona Respiratory Center, University of Arizona, 1501 N Campbell Avenue, PO Box 245073, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Control Clin Trials 25:286-310. 2004..These measures were chosen to reflect the progression of the disease from intermittent wheezing to persistent asthma and measurement of the extent of airflow limitation and airway reactivity...
- Effect of breastfeeding on lung function in childhood and modulation by maternal asthma and atopyTheresa W Guilbert
Arizona Respiratory Center, Department of Pediatrics, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 176:843-8. 2007..The protective effect of breastfeeding on early respiratory infections is well established, but its relationship to the development of subsequent asthma remains controversial...
- Outcome of asthma and wheezing in the first 6 years of life: follow-up through adolescenceWayne J Morgan
Arizona Respiratory Center, P O Box 245030, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 172:1253-8. 2005....
- Response profiles to fluticasone and montelukast in mild-to-moderate persistent childhood asthmaRobert S Zeiger
Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA 92111, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 117:45-52. 2006..Outcome data are needed to base recommendations for controller asthma medication use in school-aged children...
- Characterization of within-subject responses to fluticasone and montelukast in childhood asthmaStanley J Szefler
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Medical Center and University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 115:233-42. 2005..Responses to inhaled corticosteroids (ICSs) and leukotriene receptor antagonists (LTRAs) vary among asthmatic patients...
- Long-term comparison of 3 controller regimens for mild-moderate persistent childhood asthma: the Pediatric Asthma Controller TrialChristine A Sorkness
Clinical Science Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 119:64-72. 2007..More evidence is needed on which to base recommendations for treatment of mild-moderate persistent asthma in school-aged children...
- Prevention of asthma in childhoodZoran Danov
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53716, USA
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 7:174-9. 2007..The prevalence of asthma is increasing in many parts of the world, particularly in developed countries. The present review focuses on recent literature regarding asthma prevention in childhood...
- The burden of asthma in the United States: level and distribution are dependent on interpretation of the national asthma education and prevention program guidelinesAnne L Fuhlbrigge
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 166:1044-9. 2002..Inquiry into recent day or nighttime symptoms alone underestimates the burden of asthma and may lead to inadequate treatment of asthma based on national guideline recommendations...