Affiliation: University of California
- Anonymous versus confidential HIV testing: client and provider decision making under uncertaintyOscar Grusky
Department of Sociology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1551, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 19:157-66. 2005....
- Staff strategies for improving HIV detection using mobile HIV rapid testingOscar Grusky
School of Public Affairs Department of Sociology, University of California, Los Angeles, 264 Haines Hall, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1551, USA
Behav Med 35:101-11. 2010..The GIS findings and client risk data support the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention policy of implementing MTUs and rapid testing in large urban communities with high AIDS rates...
- Failure to return for HIV test results: a pilot study of three community testing sitesOscar Grusky
Department of Sociology, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 1551, USA
J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic) 6:47-55. 2007..Because rapid HIV antibody testing is still not widely implemented, failure to return for test results under conditions of standard testing remains a problem...
- Evaluating the accessibility of HIV testing organizationsOscar Grusky
Department of Sociology, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1551, USA
Eval Health Prof 27:189-205. 2004..HIV testing sites must make their services accessible and be perceived by consumers as responsive if they are to be effective service providers...
- Evaluation of a brief low-cost intervention to improve antiretroviral treatment decisionsO Grusky
Department of Sociology, University of California, Los Angeles 90095, USA
AIDS Care 15:681-7. 2003..Providers reported that the intervention was useful in aiding and encouraging communication as well as conveying knowledge...
- Communicating indeterminate HIV Western blot test results to clients: an observational study of three community testing sitesOscar Grusky
University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1551, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 20:620-7. 2006..Results highlight the need for further research to provide reliable estimates of the extensiveness of indeterminate HIV test results and to further assess the nature of counselor and client responses to indeterminate test results...
- Client encounters in alternative HIV testing sites: counselors' perceptions and experiencesKathleen Johnston Roberts
University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Behav Med 34:11-20. 2008....
- A street intercept survey to assess HIV-testing attitudes and behaviorsM J Rotheram-Borus
AIDS Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 13:229-38. 2001..The street intercept survey appears to be a quick and feasible method to assess HIV testing in urban areas...
- The implementation of the DHHS guidelines for the use of antiretroviral agents in HIV-infected adults: a pilot studyT Mann
UCLA Department of Psychology 90095 1563, USA
AIDS Care 12:187-92. 2000..No more than four of the 11 risk/benefit items were discussed with any patient, and four of the six risk items were never mentioned to any patient. Potential reasons why the guidelines are not being implemented are discussed...
- Routine outcome monitoring in a public mental health system: the impact of patients who leave careA S Young
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Psychiatr Serv 51:85-91. 2000..Because patients leave these organizations at a high rate, the impact of patient attrition on routinely collected outcome data was examined...
- Increasing the reach of HIV testing to young Latino MSM: results of a pilot study integrating outreach and servicesJennifer Toller Erausquin
University of California Los Angeles, School of Public Health, Department of Community Health Sciences, LA, CA 90095 1772, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 20:756-65. 2009..In the U.S., HIV infections are increasing among men who have sex with men (MSM), particularly young, racial/ethnic minority MSM...
- HIV partner notification: predictors of discussion and agreements from provider reportsDallas T Swendeman
Semel Institute, Center for Community Health, University of California, 10920 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 350, Los Angeles, CA 90024 6521, USA
AIDS Behav 13:573-81. 2009..Organizational and provider-level interventions on PN will be needed to realize cost-effective benefits of expanded HIV testing and counseling...
- HIV testing in an urgent-care clinicKeith Murphy
Department of Anthropology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Sex Health 2:245-50. 2005....
- Outcomes of blood and oral fluid rapid HIV testing: a literature review, 2000-2006Kathleen Johnston Roberts
University of California, Los Angeles, School of Public Affairs, Los Angeles, California, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 21:621-37. 2007....
- Performance of a general location model with an ignorable missing-data assumption in a multivariate mental health services studyT R Belin
UCLA Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Stat Med 18:3123-35. 1999..We note some problems with this approach and embed the discussion of this example in a broader consideration of the role of ignorable and non-ignorable models in applied research...
- ZIP code correlates of HIV-testing: a multi-level analysis in Los AngelesStephanie L Taylor
RAND, Santa Monica, California 90407 2138, USA
AIDS Behav 10:579-86. 2006..This is a concern because of increasing rates of HIV-infection among Latinos. We conclude that opportunities exist to increase testing in Latino higher-risk areas...
- Drug users: a potentially important bridge population in the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases, including AIDS, in ChinaHongjie Liu
Prevention Research Center, School of Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201 2196, USA
Sex Transm Dis 33:111-7. 2006..The objective of this study was to examine risk characteristics among bridge and nonbridge drug users...
- Do drug users in China who frequently receive detoxification treatment change their risky drug use practices and sexual behavior?Hongjie Liu
Prevention Research Center, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 4201 St Antoine Street, UHC 6D, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 84:114-21. 2006..Relapse rates among treated drug users in China are high. We examined the associations between frequency of drug detoxification treatment and HIV-related risky drug practices and sexual behavior...
- Organizational Factors in the Early Detection of HIVOscar Grusky; Fiscal Year: 2005....