Maureen W Groer
Affiliation: University of South Florida
- Cytokines, infections, stress, and dysphoric moods in breastfeeders and formula feedersMaureen W Groer
University of South Florida College of Nursing, Tampa, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 35:599-607. 2006..To analyze relationships between stress, moods, and immunity in breastfeeding compared to formula-feeding mothers...
- Inflammatory effects and immune system correlates of rapeMaureen W Groer
University of South Florida, College of Nursing, Tampa 33612 4799, USA
Violence Vict 21:796-808. 2006..If these immune changes persist, they may contribute to the pathophysiology of long-term health sequelae by provoking chronic inflammation and decreased cellular immunocompetence...
- The association between variants on chromosome 9p21 and inflammatory biomarkers in ethnically diverse women with coronary heart disease: a pilot studyTheresa M Beckie
University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Biol Res Nurs 13:306-19. 2011..The authors also sought to explore the relationship between these genetic variants and biomarkers of inflammation...
- Immune, health and endocrine characteristics of depressed postpartum mothersMaureen W Groer
University of South Florida College of Nursing, MDC 22, 12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 32:133-9. 2007..The data supports the possibility that postpartum depression may be associated with a dysregulated HPA axis and possible depressed cellular immunity...
- Relationship Between Toxoplasma gondii and Mood Disturbance in Women VeteransAllyson R Duffy
University of South Florida College of Nursing, 12901 Bruce B Downs Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33612
Mil Med 180:621-5. 2015..Military personnel may be at increased risk for exposure to the parasite when deployed to countries with high prevalence rates...
- Multidimensional scaling of multiplex data: human milk cytokinesMaureen W Groer
College of Nursing, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Biol Res Nurs 13:289-96. 2011..This analytical tool may provide a new approach to understanding the physiology of milk cytokines and may be generalizable to multiplex data in general...
- Postpartum stressors: a content analysisCecilia M Jevitt
University of South Florida, College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33606, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 33:309-18. 2012..Sixteen of 20 items on the TPSS were identified in the narratives. No stressor categories outside the TPSS were identified...
- The relationship between polymorphisms on chromosome 9p21 and age of onset of coronary heart disease in black and white womenTheresa M Beckie
College of Nursing, University of South Florida, 12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 15:435-42. 2011..We also explored the relationship between 9p21 SNPs and the age of CHD onset...
- Breastfeeding status and maternal cardiovascular variables across the postpartumMaureen W Groer
University of South Florida Colleges of Nursing and Medicine, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 22:453-9. 2013..Most of these studies are epidemiological. If particular cardiometabolic changes that occur during lactation ultimately influence women's health later is unknown...
- Exercise is associated with elevated proinflammatory cytokines in human milkMaureen W Groer
University of South Florida, College of Nursing, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 38:35-41. 2009..To explore relationships between self-reported exercise in postpartum women and concentrations of cytokines and secretory immunoglobulin A in their milk...
- The influence of cardiac rehabilitation on inflammation and metabolic syndrome in women with coronary heart diseaseTheresa M Beckie
College of Nursing, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612 4766, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 25:52-60. 2010..The influence of cardiac rehabilitation (CR) on MetS and inflammatory biomarkers is not well characterized for women...
- Relationships among prenatal depression, plasma cortisol, and inflammatory cytokinesMelissa M Shelton
University of South Florida, College of Nursing, Tampa, FL, USA
Biol Res Nurs 17:295-302. 2015..These data support the new conceptualizations of normal pregnancy as an inflammatory state that is carefully regulated, as both excessive and inadequate inflammation are potentially hazardous to the health of the pregnancy and fetus. ..
- Positive thyroid peroxidase antibody titer is associated with dysphoric moods during pregnancy and postpartumMaureen W Groer
College of Nursing, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 42:E26-32. 2013..To examine general dysphoric moods prospectively in women who tested positive for thyroid peroxidase autoantibodies (TPO) during pregnancy and postpartum...
- Fetal microchimerism and women's health: a new paradigmMaureen W Groer
College of Nursing, University of South Florida, 12910 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Biol Res Nurs 13:346-50. 2011..This article reviews the history, major discoveries, and current concepts and gaps in knowledge in the field of fetal MC...
- Prenatal depression and anxiety in Toxoplasma gondii-positive womenMaureen W Groer
University of South Florida, Tampa, 33612, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 204:433.e1-7. 2011..This study analyzed a relationship between prenatal mood states and serologic evidence of immune response to Toxoplasma gondii. A secondary aim was to determine whether thyroid peroxidase autoantibody status was related to T gondii status...
- The controversy about what constitutes safe and nurturant infant sleep environmentsKatherine H Morgan
University of Tennessee College of Nursing, Knoxville, TN, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 35:684-91. 2006..This article seeks to inform health care professionals of the issues involved in the controversy and to offer guidelines for educating parents about safe and unsafe sleep practices...