Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Corticosteroids in Duchenne muscular dystrophy: major variations in practiceRobert C Griggs
University of Rochester, Departments of Neurology and Biostatistics, 265 Crittenden Boulevard, CU 420669, Rochester, New York, 14642, USA
Muscle Nerve 48:27-31. 2013..75 mg/kg/day is of short-term efficacy in Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). Subsequent efforts to standardize care for DMD indicated wide variation in corticosteroid use...
- Use of acetazolamide in sulfonamide-allergic patients with neurologic channelopathiesDaniel Platt
School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642 0669, USA
Arch Neurol 69:527-9. 2012....
- The current status of treatment for inclusion-body myositisRobert C Griggs
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Neurology 66:S30-2. 2006..However, because high-dose prednisone worsens strength while decreasing inflammation but increases amyloid accumulation, alternative targets for intervention and novel treatment strategies are needed...
- Clinical research for rare disease: opportunities, challenges, and solutionsRobert C Griggs
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester, 1351 Mt Hope Avenue, Suite 203, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Mol Genet Metab 96:20-6. 2009....
- Markesbery disease: autosomal dominant late-onset distal myopathy: from phenotype to ZASP gene identificationRobert C Griggs
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 1351 Mt Hope Avenue, Suite 203, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Neuromolecular Med 13:27-30. 2011..Thus, Markesbery disease is a zaspopathy. Other families have been identified with the same mutation and a shared haplotype indicating a founder effect...
- Inclusion body myositisRabi Tawil
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 14:653-7. 2002..The treatment of IBM with conventional immunosuppressive agents has been disappointing. Therapeutic approaches currently under study or consideration are beta-interferon and synthetic anabolic hormones...
- Treatment of idiopathic inflammatory myopathiesAnthony A Amato
Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Curr Opin Neurol 16:569-75. 2003..This article reviews the results of recent therapeutic trials in dermatomyositis, polymyositis, and inclusion body myositis and suggests an approach to treating patients with inflammatory myopathy...
- Pivotal studies of orphan drugs approved for neurological diseasesJun Mitsumoto
College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Ann Neurol 66:184-90. 2009..To identify design elements of clinical trials leading to US Food and Drug Administration approval of drugs for neurological diseases with and without orphan indications...
- Unicorns, dragons, polymyositis, and other mythological beastsAnthony A Amato
Neurology 61:288-9. 2003
- Pathogenesis and treatment of the periodic paralysesROBERT GRIGGS; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Nervous System Channelopathies: Pathogenesis & TreatmentROBERT GRIGGS; Fiscal Year: 2005..They may also offer a window for understanding common disorders likely to be caused by CNS channel mutations/dysfunction such as migraine and epilepsy. ..
- Plan forTrial to find Optimum Steroid Regimen in Duchenne Muscular DystrophyROBERT GRIGGS; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Novel treatment for muscle disease: Fueling the pipeline and finding the productROBERT GRIGGS; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Designs and Outcome Measures for Bench to Bedside Research on NMDROBERT GRIGGS; Fiscal Year: 2007..In this effort to provide new treatments for neuromuscular disease, this conference will help to further public health goals. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Experimental Therapeutics of Neuromuscular DiseaseROBERT GRIGGS; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dichlorphenamide vs Acetazolamide for Periodic ParalysisRobert C Griggs; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..