H P Greenwald
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Food Insecurity and Food Resource Utilization in an Urban Immigrant CommunityHoward P Greenwald
Sol Price School of Public Policy, University of Southern California, 650 Childs Way, Los Angeles, CA, 90089, USA
J Immigr Minor Health . 2015..In immigrant families, food insecurity often remains a challenge long after immigration, suggesting a potentially increasing need for food security resources as immigration into the United States continues...
- Quality of life and disparities among long-term cervical cancer survivorsHoward P Greenwald
Sol Price School of Public Policy, University of Southern California, 650 Childs Way, Los Angeles, CA, 90089 0626, USA
J Cancer Surviv 8:419-26. 2014..This research assesses the impact of disease and nondisease factors on QOL among long-term survivors of cervical cancer...
- Health status and adaptation among long-term cervical cancer survivorsHoward P Greenwald
School of Policy, Planning, and Development, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0626, USA
Gynecol Oncol 111:449-54. 2008..Both clinicians and patients can benefit from increased information on the likelihood of chronic and late effects of cervical cancer across the life course of survivors...
- Sexuality and sexual function in long-term survivors of cervical cancerHoward P Greenwald
School of Policy, Planning, and Development, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089 0626, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 17:955-63. 2008..Hysterectomy and oophorectomy, two widespread interventions in invasive cervical cancer, have potentially important effects on a woman's self-image and sexuality...
- Youth development, community engagement, and reducing risk behaviorHoward P Greenwald
School of Policy, Planning and Development, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
J Prim Prev 27:3-25. 2006..The results of the two studies call for a better conceptual and operational understanding of engagement, which must precede its successful application in reducing risky behavior among young people...
- Social factors, treatment, and survival in early-stage non-small cell lung cancerH P Greenwald
School of Public Administration, University of Southern California, Sacramento 95814 2919, USA
Am J Public Health 88:1681-4. 1998..This study assessed the importance of socioeconomic status, race, and likelihood of receiving surgery in explaining mortality among patients with stage-I non-small cell lung cancer...
- Changing the health care system: a professional education program for Hispanic leaders in CaliforniaH P Greenwald
School of Policy, Planning, and Development, Sacramento Center, University of Southern California, 1800 1 Street, Sacramento, CA 95814 2919, USA
J Health Adm Educ 19:221-37. 2001..Long-term follow-up will be necessary to assess the program's ultimate impact on California's health care system...
- Putting a new face on managed care. Consumers need convincing about quality issuesHoward P Greenwald
University of Southern California USC School of Policy, Planning, and Development, USA
Mark Health Serv 22:14-9. 2002..Based on existing research findings and new focus group data, this article provides guidelines for promoting an association of quality with managed care, particularly among women...
- Explaining reduced cancer survival among the disadvantagedH P Greenwald
Sacramento Center, University of Southern California 95814 2919, USA
Milbank Q 74:215-38. 1996..Findings presented here suggest that improved access to health care will reduce mortality risk among the disadvantaged in at least some malignancies, but will not alone make their survival chances equal to those of the advantaged...
- Remedies and life changes among invasive cervical cancer survivorsHoward P Greenwald
School of Policy, Planning, and Development, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Urol Nurs 27:47-53. 2007..Health professionals should inform cervical cancer patients about remedies that women have found valuable in promoting recovery, as well as share information about how survivors have grown personally through the disease experience...
- The importance of public sector health care in an underserved populationHoward P Greenwald
School of Policy, Planning and Development, University of Southern California, USA
J Health Hum Serv Adm 27:142-57. 2004....
- Involving local health departments in community health partnerships: evaluation results from the partnership for the public's health initiativeAllen Cheadle
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Urban Health 85:162-77. 2008....
- Cancer, the mind, and the problem of self-blameKeith I Block
Integrative Cancer Care, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Integr Cancer Ther 5:122-30. 2006
- Evaluating the California Wellness Foundation's Health Improvement Initiative: a logic model approachAllen Cheadle
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, USA
Health Promot Pract 4:146-56. 2003..By examining the relationship between these indicators over time, it should be possible to determine if any changes in intermediate or long-term outcomes are associated with Health Partnership activities...
- The California wellness foundation's Health Improvement Initiative: evaluation findings and lessons learnedAllen Cheadle
Department of Health Services, P O Box 354804, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Health Promot 19:286-96. 2005....