Affiliation: University of California
- Oral health is global healthDeborah Greenspan
Department of Orofacial Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of California San Francisco, Box 0422, Room S 612, San Francisco, CA 94143 0422, USA
J Dent Res 86:485. 2007
- Evidence for trafficking of Epstein-Barr virus strains between hairy leukoplakia and peripheral blood lymphocytesJoel M Palefsky
Department of Stomatology, School of Dentistry, and the Oral AIDS Center, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0126, USA
J Gen Virol 83:317-21. 2002..Our data are consistent with active trafficking of EBV between these two compartments...
- A global theme--poverty and human developmentJohn S Greenspan
J Dent Res 86:917-8. 2007
- Radiation-induced mucositis: a randomized clinical trial of micronized sucralfate versus salt & soda mouthwashesMarylin J Dodd
Department of Physiological Nursing, UCSF School of Nursing, Box 0610, San Francisco, CA 94143 0610, USA
Cancer Invest 21:21-33. 2003..Given that there is no significant difference in efficacy between micronized sucralfate and salt & soda, use of the less costly salt & soda is prudent and cost-effective...
- Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)-infected monocytes facilitate dissemination of EBV within the oral mucosal epitheliumSharof Tugizov
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143 0512, USA
J Virol 81:5484-96. 2007....
- Highly tissue substructure-specific effects of human papilloma virus in mucosa of HIV-infected patients revealed by laser-dissection microscopy-assisted gene expression profilingNicole Baumgarth
Center for Comparative Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Am J Pathol 165:707-18. 2004..Because of its large dynamic measurement range it could also become a method of choice to confirm and better quantify results obtained by microarray analysis...
- Oral bowenoid papulosis in an HIV-positive maleDarren Cox
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 102:431-2; author reply 432. 2006
- The effect of HAART on salivary microbiota in the Women's Interagency HIV Study (WIHS)Mavash Navazesh
Division of Diagnostic Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089 0641, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 100:701-8. 2005..Study the prevalence of potentially pathogenic microorganisms in saliva of HIV-positive women in the Women's Interagency HIV Study...
- Self-care intervention to reduce oral candidiasis recurrences in HIV-seropositive persons: a pilot studyJoan F Hilton
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 32:190-200. 2004..The intervention involved instruction by dentists on improving oral hygiene, minimizing sugar intake, and self-diagnosing candidiasis...
- The white lesion that kills--aneuploid dysplastic oral leukoplakiaDeborah Greenspan
Department of Stomatology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1382-4. 2004
- Baseline characteristics of participants in the oral health component of the Women's Interagency HIV StudyRoseann Mulligan
University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0641, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 32:86-98. 2004..This study described baseline sociodemographic and oral health characteristics of a subset of HIV sero-positive and sero-negative women who participated in the oral health component of the Women's Interagency HIV Study (WIHS)...
- A 4-year longitudinal evaluation of xerostomia and salivary gland hypofunction in the Women's Interagency HIV Study participantsMahvash Navazesh
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089 0641, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 95:693-8. 2003..Repeated measures regression models were used to determine factors associated with xerostomia and salivary gland hypofunction...
- Risk of HIV infection attributable to oral sex among men who have sex with men and in the population of men who have sex with menKimberly Page-Shafer
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
AIDS 16:2350-2. 2002..PAR%, based on the number of fellatio partners, ranges from 0.10% for one partner to 0.31% for three partners. The risk of HIV attributable to fellatio is extremely low...
- 3.2 Ensuring research productivity in the future facultyPål Brodin
University of Oslo, Norway
Eur J Dent Educ 6:97-106. 2002..Fourthly, they require an ongoing and appropriate budget. Fifthly, it is essential to have an appropriate climate in the school that encourages and rewards research achievement...