Affiliation: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Using population data to reduce disparities in colorectal cancer screening, Arkansas, 2006Paul Greene
Fay W Boozman College of Public Health, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 W Markham no 820, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E138. 2012..The objective of this study was to examine population characteristics relevant to the design and implementation of a state-sponsored colorectal cancer screening program that is responsive to medically underserved populations...
- Stepped-care, community clinic interventions to promote mammography use among low-income rural African American womenDelia Smith West
University of Arkansas Medical Sciences, College of Public Health, 4301West Markham Street, 820, Little Rock, AR72205, USA
Health Educ Behav 31:29S-44S. 2004..Further research into this strategy may facilitate efforts to reduce health disparities in underserved low-income rural African American populations...
- Development of a community-based participatory colorectal cancer screening intervention to address disparities, Arkansas, 2008-2009Karen Yeary
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, Little Rock, AR 72205 7199, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 8:A47. 2011..Community-based participatory research is a promising approach to prevent colorectal cancer in this population...
- Evaluating coalition capacity to strengthen community-academic partnerships addressing cancer disparitiesWilliam Alvin Torrence
School of Education, University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, Little Rock, AR, USA
J Cancer Educ 26:658-63. 2011..The evaluation identified training needs, which were met by projects leveraging the coalition's strengths to advance community-based participatory research addressing cancer disparities...
- SMOKING CESSATION TO REDUCE CERVICAL CANCER RISKPaul Greene; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally, perceptions about cancer risk and cancer control practices will be assessed to examine relationships with smoking cessation program participation and changes in smoking. ..