R N Greenberg
Affiliation: University of Kentucky
- Sequential administration of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine and 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine in pneumococcal vaccine-naïve adults 60-64 years of ageRichard N Greenberg
University of Kentucky School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Room MN 663, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536 0084, United States Electronic address
Vaccine 32:2364-74. 2014..The study assessed potential influence of initial 13-valent PCV (PCV13) or 23-valent PPSV (PPSV23) on subsequent vaccine administrations...
- Safety, immunogenicity, and surrogate markers of clinical efficacy for modified vaccinia Ankara as a smallpox vaccine in HIV-infected subjectsRichard N Greenberg
Infectious Diseases Division, University of Kentucky School of Medicine, Lexington, KY 40536 0093, USA
J Infect Dis 207:749-58. 2013..Alternative smallpox vaccines with an improved safety profile would address this unmet medical need...
- Posaconazole as salvage therapy for zygomycosisR N Greenberg
Medicine Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:126-33. 2006..Posaconazole appears promising as an oral therapy for zygomycosis in patients who receive required surgery and control their underlying illness...
- Safety and immunogenicity of new cell-cultured smallpox vaccine compared with calf-lymph derived vaccine: a blind, single-centre, randomised controlled trialRichard N Greenberg
Medicine Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Lexington, KY, USA
Lancet 365:398-409. 2005..We aimed to compare the safety and immunogenicity of the new cell-cultured smallpox vaccine (CCSV) to that of the calf-lymph derived vaccine (as a positive control) in 350 healthy, adult volunteers...
- Urticaria, exanthems, and other benign dermatologic reactions to smallpox vaccination in adultsRichard N Greenberg
Department of Medicine, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0084, USA
Clin Infect Dis 38:958-65. 2004..Volunteers reported pruritus, tingling, and occasional headaches. Relief was obtained with antihistamine and acetaminophen therapy. No volunteer experienced fever or significant discomfort...
- Ciprofloxacin, lomefloxacin, or levofloxacin as treatment for chronic osteomyelitisR N Greenberg
Departments of Medicine, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0084, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:164-6. 2000....
- Site-specific effects of dietary salt intake on guanylin and uroguanylin mRNA expression in rat intestineS L Carrithers
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Kentucky and Lexington VA Medical Center, Research Services 151 CDD, 1101 VA Drive, VAMC D309, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Regul Pept 107:87-95. 2002..In conclusion, the data demonstrate that variations in NaCl intake lead to intestinal segment-specific changes in guanylin and uroguanylin mRNA expression...
- Cerebrovascular changes in the basal ganglia with HIV dementiaJ R Berger
Department of Neurology, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington 40536 2184, USA
Neurology 54:921-6. 2000..Many investigators have proposed a contribution of a disrupted blood-brain barrier (BBB) to the pathogenesis of HIV dementia...
- Guanylyl cyclase-C receptor mRNA distribution along the rat nephronS L Carrithers
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Kentucky and Lexington Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Research Service 151 CDD, 1101 VA Drive, VAMC D309, 40506, Lexington, KY, USA
Regul Pept 95:65-74. 2000..In addition however, the present data suggest that intrarenally synthesized GN and UGN may also contribute to the regulation of renal tubular transport...
- ACAM2000: a newly licensed cell culture-based live vaccinia smallpox vaccineRichard N Greenberg
University of Kentucky School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Room MN 672, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536 0084, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 17:555-64. 2008..Federally funded work by Acambis, Inc. resulted in FDA approval for ACAM2000 in August 2007...
- Isolated central nervous system histoplasmosis in an immunocompetent patient: 53-month hiatus to diagnosis and treatmentJoseph R Berger
Departments of Neurology, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0281, USA
J Neurovirol 16:472-4. 2010..We report a patient with chronic meningitis due to Histoplasma capsulatum who exhibited a remarkably benign course despite being untreated for the disorder for more than 4 years...
- Zygomycosis (mucormycosis): emerging clinical importance and new treatmentsRichard N Greenberg
Medicine Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0084, USA
Curr Opin Infect Dis 17:517-25. 2004..They rapidly infarct blood vessels, resulting in necrosis of surrounding tissue. Over the past few years, new diagnostic procedures, susceptibility tests, and drugs have entered the clinic, and these advances are discussed in the review...
- Guanylin and uroguanylin induce natriuresis in mice lacking guanylyl cyclase-C receptorStephen L Carrithers
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Lexington VA Medical Center and University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506, USA
Kidney Int 65:40-53. 2004..However, the in vivo consequences of GN, UGN, and STa on renal function and their mechanism of action have yet to be rigorously tested...
- Caregiving, repetitive thought, and immune response to vaccination in older adultsSuzanne C Segerstrom
Department of Psychology, University of Kentucky, 115 Kastle Hall, Lexington, KY 40506 0044, USA
Brain Behav Immun 22:744-52. 2008..Results generally support beneficial effects of neutral repetitive thought and detrimental effects of negative repetitive thought, but those effects may be reduced or even reversed depending on life circumstances...
- Voriconazole treatment of disseminated paecilomyces infection in a patient with acquired immunodeficiency syndromeCraig A Martin
Pharmacy Services, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, USA
Clin Infect Dis 35:e78-81. 2002..The lesions failed to improve during treatment with oral itraconazole, amphotericin B, and amphotericin B lipid complex but improved during treatment with voriconazole...
- Inflammatory changes and breakdown of microvascular integrity in early human immunodeficiency virus dementiaMalcolm J Avison
Department of Neurology, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, USA
J Neurovirol 10:223-32. 2004..These results suggest that early CNS inflammation may underlie the microvascular changes observed, and may be a factor in the development of HIV dementia...
- Guanylin and its lysine-containing analogue in the isolated perfused rat kidney: interaction with chymotrypsin inhibitorMessias S Santos-Neto
Clinical Research Unit of Federal University of Ceara and Ceara State University, Fortaleza, Brazil
Pharmacol Toxicol 92:114-20. 2003..The present paper concludes that guanylin undergoes metabolism in target tissues such as the intestine and kidney and its lysine-containing analogue retains full biological activity...
- Clinical research in the lay press: irresponsible journalism raises a huge dose of doubtElias J Anaissie
Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:1031-9. 2006
- Voriconazole treatment for less-common, emerging, or refractory fungal infectionsJohn R Perfect
Department of Medicine and Microbiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Clin Infect Dis 36:1122-31. 2003..Voriconazole is an effective and well-tolerated treatment for refractory or less-common invasive fungal infections...
- Safety of long-term oral posaconazole use in the treatment of refractory invasive fungal infectionsIssam I Raad
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Infect Dis 42:1726-34. 2006..Antifungal therapy is often required for long periods. Safety data from the clinical development program of the triazole antifungal agent, posaconazole, were analyzed...