Affiliation: University of Missouri-Kansas City
- New alternatively spliced form of galectin-3, a member of the beta-galactoside-binding animal lectin family, contains a predicted transmembrane-spanning domain and a leucine zipper motifJeff P Gorski
Division of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, School of Biological Sciences, and Department of Oral Biology, Dental School, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri 64110, USA
J Biol Chem 277:18840-8. 2002..Gal-3TM1 is the first example of a galectin superfamily member capable of being expressed as a soluble protein and as a transmembrane protein...
- Biomineralization of bone: a fresh view of the roles of non-collagenous proteinsJEFFREY PAUL GORSKI
Center of Excellence in the Study of Musculoskeletal and Dental Tissues and Dept of Oral Biology, Sch Of Dentistry, Univ of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Front Biosci (Landmark Ed) 16:2598-621. 2011....
- Deletion of Mbtps1 (Pcsk8, S1p, Ski-1) Gene in Osteocytes Stimulates Soleus Muscle Regeneration and Increased Size and Contractile Force with AgeJeff P Gorski
From the Department of Oral and Craniofacial Sciences, University of Missouri Kansas City Center of Excellence in the Study of Dental and Musculoskeletal Tissues, School of Dentistry
J Biol Chem 291:4308-22. 2016..Understanding bone-muscle cross-talk may provide a fresh and novel approach to prevention and treatment of age-related muscle loss. ..
- Eliminating exposure to aqueous solvents is necessary for the early detection and ultrastructural elemental analysis of sites of calcium and phosphorus enrichment in mineralizing UMR106-01 osteoblastic culturesDaniel Studer
Institute of Anatomy, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Cells Tissues Organs 194:138-45. 2011....
- Hypercalcemia during the osteogenic phase after rat marrow ablation coincides with increased bone resorption assessed by the NTx markerJ P Gorski
Division of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, School of Biological Sciences, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Bone 27:103-10. 2000....
- Potential role of proprotein convertase SKI-1 in the mineralization of primary boneJeff P Gorski
Department of Oral Biology, School of Dentistry, University of Missouri at Kansas City, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 189:25-32. 2009....
- Extracellular bone acidic glycoprotein-75 defines condensed mesenchyme regions to be mineralized and localizes with bone sialoprotein during intramembranous bone formationJeff P Gorski
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Biological Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
J Biol Chem 279:25455-63. 2004....
- Inhibition of proprotein convertase SKI-1 blocks transcription of key extracellular matrix genes regulating osteoblastic mineralizationJeff P Gorski
Center of Excellence in the Study of Musculoskeletal and Dental Tissues and Department of Oral Biology, School of Dentistry, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
J Biol Chem 286:1836-49. 2011..Our results indicate that the differentiated phenotype of osteoblastic cells and possibly osteocytes depends upon the non-apoptotic actions of SKI-1...
- Association of specific proteolytic processing of bone sialoprotein and bone acidic glycoprotein-75 with mineralization within biomineralization fociNichole T Huffman
Bone Biology Program, Department of Oral Biology, School of Dentistry, University of Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
J Biol Chem 282:26002-13. 2007....
- Confocal laser Raman microspectroscopy of biomineralization foci in UMR 106 osteoblastic cultures reveals temporally synchronized protein changes preceding and accompanying mineral crystal depositionChuanyi Wang
Biomaterials Section, Department of Oral Biology, School of Dentistry, University of Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
J Biol Chem 284:7100-13. 2009..Finally, the low extent of spectral variability detected among different BMF at the same time point indicates that mineralization of individual BMF within a culture is synchronized...
- BAG-75: UNIQUE MARKER OF PRIMARY BONE FORMATIONJEFFREY GORSKI; Fiscal Year: 2003..Stimulation of appositional formation by lamellar bone would not be expected to have the same effect. These future functional studies require determination of the BAG-75 cDNA sequence. ..
- MINERALIZATION OF PRIMARY BONEJEFFREY GORSKI; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results of this work should better define the differences between primariy and lamellar bone, as well as aid in the diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and atherosclerosis. ..