Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Lessons learned in the development and evaluation of RxCoach™, an mHealth app to increase tobacco cessation medication adherenceJudith S Gordon
University of Arizona, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Tucson, AZ, United States Electronic address
Patient Educ Couns . 2016..In this project we developed and evaluated a mobile health app to improve adherence to tobacco cessation medication...
- Tobacco brief intervention training for chiropractic, acupuncture, and massage practitioners: protocol for the CAM reach studyMyra L Muramoto
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine, 1450 N, Cherry Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85719, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 14:510. 2014..There is a pressing need to develop and test the effectiveness of BI training that is both grounded in Public Health Service (PHS) Guidelines for tobacco dependence treatment and that is relevant and appropriate for CAM practitioners...
- A randomized clinical trial of a web-based tobacco cessation education programJudith S Gordon
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Arizona, 1450 E Cherry Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719, USA
Pediatrics 131:e455-62. 2013....
- Tobacco education in dentistry and dental hygieneJudith S Gordon
University of Arizona, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Tucson, AZ 85719, USA
Drug Alcohol Rev 28:517-32. 2009..However, dentists and dental hygienists in practice report lack of training in effective tobacco cessation skills as a significant barrier to incorporating these behaviours into routine care...
- Tobacco cessation via doctors of chiropractic: results of a feasibility studyJudith S Gordon
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Arizona, 1450 North Cherry Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85719, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 12:305-8. 2010..However, DCs have not been utilized in this role. The primary aim of this study was to design and refine a brief office-based tobacco intervention for use within chiropractic settings...
- Do faxed quitline referrals add value to dental office-based tobacco-use cessation interventions?Judith S Gordon
Department of Family and Community Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Arizona, 1450 N Cherry Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 141:1000-7. 2010..However, there is little evidence that this model is effective. The primary aim of this study was to evaluate the effects on patients' tobacco use of two levels of a dental office-based intervention compared with usual care...
- Development of a Web-based tobacco cessation educational program for pediatric nurses and respiratory therapistsJudith S Gordon
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
J Contin Educ Nurs 42:136-44. 2011..This article describes the development and evaluation of a web-based tobacco cessation educational program aimed at pediatric nurses and respiratory therapists...
- Tobacco Quitlines: An Adjunct to Dental InterventionsJudith Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, we will conduct an economic analysis to determine the relative cost effectiveness of each intervention. ..
- Tobacco Cessation via Public Health Dental ClinicsJudith Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2008..4) The RE-AIM framework will be used to translate and evaluate the intervention in a "real world'' setting. 5) It is a disseminable model that, if effective, can used by public dental clinics throughout the US. ..