Jessica R Goodkind
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- Promoting Hmong refugees' well-being through mutual learning: valuing knowledge, culture, and experienceJessica R Goodkind
Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, University of New Mexico, MSC11 6145, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Am J Community Psychol 37:77-93. 2006..This article discusses data from qualitative interviews with participants, during which the importance of reciprocal helping relationships and mutual learning emerged as significant themes...
- Adaptation and implementation of cognitive behavioral intervention for trauma in schools with American Indian youthJessica R Goodkind
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Prevention and Population Sciences, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 39:858-72. 2010..Improvements in anxiety and depression were maintained 6 months postintervention; improvements in posttraumatic stress disorder and avoidant coping strategies were not...
- "We're still in a struggle": Diné resilience, survival, historical trauma, and healingJessica R Goodkind
University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Qual Health Res 22:1019-36. 2012....
- Effectiveness of a community-based advocacy and learning program for hmong refugeesJessica R Goodkind
Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, University of New Mexico, MSC 11 6145, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Am J Community Psychol 36:387-408. 2005..Qualitative data helped to support and explain the quantitative data, as well as providing insight into other outcomes and processes of the intervention. Policy, practice, and research implications are discussed...
- Promoting healing and restoring trust: policy recommendations for improving behavioral health care for American Indian/Alaska Native adolescentsJessica R Goodkind
Department of Pediatrics, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, 87131, USA
Am J Community Psychol 46:386-94. 2010....
- Reconsidering culturally competent approaches to American Indian healing and well-beingJessica R Goodkind
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Qual Health Res 25:486-99. 2015..Thus, effective treatment might involve more in-depth understanding of cultural processes through which healing occurs and well-being is maintained. ..
- Challenges and Innovations in a Community-Based Participatory Randomized Controlled TrialJessica R Goodkind
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Health Educ Behav . 2016..In addition, several innovations were developed to address these challenges, which may be useful for other community-academic partnerships engaged in RCTs...
- The adoption of innovation in collective action organizationsDeborah A Salem
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824 1117, USA
Am J Community Psychol 30:681-710. 2002..These findings provide a framework by which CAOs can maintain an openness to innovation and remain on the forefront of social change...