Francisco Gonzalez Scarano
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Microglia as mediators of inflammatory and degenerative diseasesF Gonzalez-Scarano
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104 6146, USA
Annu Rev Neurosci 22:219-40. 1999..In this review we discuss the role of microglia in three diseases in which their activity is at least partially deleterious: HIV, multiple sclerosis, and Alzheimer's disease...
- The neuropathogenesis of AIDSFrancisco González-Scarano
Department of Neurology, 3 West Gates, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, Philadelphia 19104 4283, USA
Nat Rev Immunol 5:69-81. 2005..Here, we discuss the studies that are being carried out to determine the respective contributions of infection, and monocyte and macrophage activation, to disease progression...
- Microarray analysis of activated mixed glial (microglia) and monocyte-derived macrophage gene expressionAndrew V Albright
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania, 255 Clinical Research Building, 415 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6146, USA
J Neuroimmunol 157:27-38. 2004....
- Annexin 2: a novel human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Gag binding protein involved in replication in monocyte-derived macrophagesElena V Ryzhova
Department of Neurology and Microbiology, University of Pennsylvania, 3 W Gates, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4283, USA
J Virol 80:2694-704. 2006..Cumulatively, our data suggest that Anx2 is essential for the proper assembly of HIV in MDM...
- G PROTEIN COUPLED RECEPTORS AND HIV DEMENTIAFrancisco Gonzalez Scarano; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of these studies will further our understanding of the pathophysiology of HIV dementia. ..
- ROLE OF MICROGLIA IN HIV/DEMENTIAFrancisco Gonzalez Scarano; Fiscal Year: 2005..These results will expand our understanding of lentiviral infection of macrophages, and potentially provide an additional target for therapeutic intervention in HIV and HAD. ..
- SHORT-TERM TRAINING FOR MINORITY STUDENTSFrancisco Gonzalez Scarano; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Genetics of Simian Immunodeficiency Virus EncephalopathyFrancisco Gonzalez Scarano; Fiscal Year: 2008..These experiments will help clarify the role of genetic sequestration in the development of SIV encephalitis, and by extension, in its human counterpart. [unreadable] [unreadable]..