Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Stage B heart failure: management of asymptomatic left ventricular systolic dysfunctionLee R Goldberg
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104
Circulation 113:2851-60. 2006
- Randomized trial of a daily electronic home monitoring system in patients with advanced heart failure: the Weight Monitoring in Heart Failure (WHARF) trialLee R Goldberg
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant Program, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am Heart J 146:705-12. 2003....
- Mycophenolic acid pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics provide a basis for rational monitoring strategiesLeslie M Shaw
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, School of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Am J Transplant 3:534-42. 2003
- Factors associated with the development of expertise in heart failure self-careBarbara Riegel
School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6096, USA
Nurs Res 56:235-43. 2007..Self-care is vital for successful heart failure (HF) management. Mastering self-care is challenging; few patients develop sufficient expertise to avoid repeated hospitalization...
- Routine polysomnography is not indicated in congestive heart failure. ConAllan I Pack
Division of Sleep Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4283, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 1:19-22. 2005
- An uncommon presentation of an uncommon disease: leprosy in a heart transplant recipientLeanne B Gasink
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 25:854-6. 2006..We present a case of leprosy in a heart transplant recipient with multiple unique features possibly attributed to altered immune function...
- Safety of symptom-limited cardiopulmonary exercise testing in patients with chronic heart failure due to severe left ventricular systolic dysfunctionSteven J Keteyian
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA
Am Heart J 158:S72-7. 2009..We hypothesized that exercise testing would be safe, as defined by a rate for all-cause death of <0.1 per 1,000 tests and a rate of nonfatal CV events <1.0 per 1,000 tests...
- A prospective study of continuous intravenous milrinone therapy for status IB patients awaiting heart transplant at homeSusan C Brozena
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 23:1082-6. 2004..We performed a prospective study to determine the feasibility and safety of continuous intravenous milrinone therapy administered at home in patients listed as Status IB for heart transplant...
- Clinical exacerbations as a surrogate end point in heart failure researchSteven L Sayers
Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Heart Lung 37:28-35. 2008..We examined the utility of an index of clinical exacerbations of heart failure (HF) as a surrogate measure of outcome for use in modestly sized clinical trials and observational studies...
- Effect of atorvastatin on postcardiac transplant increase in low-density lipoprotein cholesterol reduces development of intimal hyperplasia and progression of endothelial dysfunctionVincent Y See
Cardiovascular Division, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4024, USA
Am J Cardiol 92:11-5. 2003....
- Effects of gender on peak oxygen consumption and the timing of cardiac transplantationSammy Elmariah
Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Division, Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant Program, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:2237-42. 2006..This study examines the gender effects on peak exercise oxygen consumption (VO2) and survival in heart failure (HF) patients and their implications for cardiac transplantation...
- Cyclosporine monitoring with 2-hour postdose levels in heart transplant recipientsSandra G Solari
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Ther Drug Monit 27:417-21. 2005..A prospective concentration-control de novo study design is recommended as the most appropriate way to fully evaluate the potential utility of C2 monitoring in heart transplant patients...
- Relative contributions of intimal hyperplasia and vascular remodeling in early cardiac transplant-mediated coronary artery diseaseSumeet K Mainigi
Cardiovascular Division, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Am J Cardiol 91:293-6. 2003..Reduction in the luminal area results from either inadequate positive remodeling or negative remodeling without intimal growth and often occurs in the same artery...
- Caveat emptor: the need for evidence, regulation, and certification of home telehealth systems for the management of chronic conditionsBonne Farberow
University of Pennsylvania, Division of Heart Failure Transplant, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Med Qual 23:208-14. 2008....
- Detection of cardiac allograft rejection and response to immunosuppressive therapy with peripheral blood gene expressionPhillip A Horwitz
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Iowa Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Circulation 110:3815-21. 2004..We hypothesized that changes in peripheral blood expression profiles would correlate with biopsy-proven rejection and would resolve after treatment of rejection episodes...
- Validation of prognostic models among patients with advanced heart failureDavid S Frankel
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Card Fail 12:430-8. 2006..The ability to accurately predict heart failure outcomes is essential to guiding treatment decisions but several competing risk stratification models exist...
- Sleep-disordered breathing and type 2 diabetes: a report from the International Diabetes Federation Taskforce on Epidemiology and PreventionJonathan E Shaw
International Diabetes Institute, 250 Kooyong Road, Caulfield, Melbourne, VIC 3162, Australia
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 81:2-12. 2008....
- Home HF Care Comparing Patient-Driven Technology ModelsLee Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..