Stephen L Gluck
Affiliation: University of California
- Acid sensing in renal epithelial cellsStephen L Gluck
Division of Nephrology, UCSF, 513 Parnassus Avenue, Box 0532, San Francisco, California 94143 0532, USA
J Clin Invest 114:1696-9. 2004..The findings implicate a broader role for Pyk2 in acid-base homeostasis in bone and other tissues beyond the kidney...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-mediated effects of glucose on vacuolar H+-ATPase assembly, translocation, and acidification of intracellular compartments in renal epithelial cellsYuri Y Sautin
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Box 100224, University of Florida, 1600 SW Archer Rd, Gainesville, FL 32610 0224, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:575-89. 2005....
- Physical interaction between aldolase and vacuolar H+-ATPase is essential for the assembly and activity of the proton pumpMing Lu
Department of Medicine, University of California School of Medicine, San Francisco, California 94143 0532, USA
J Biol Chem 282:24495-503. 2007..Taken together, these findings strongly suggest an important role for physical association between aldolase and V-ATPase in the regulation of the proton pump...
- The glycolytic enzyme aldolase mediates assembly, expression, and activity of vacuolar H+-ATPaseMing Lu
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 279:8732-9. 2004..Taken together, these findings provide functional evidence that the ATP-generating glycolytic pathway is directly coupled to the ATP-hydrolyzing proton pump through physical interaction between aldolase and V-ATPase...
- The amino-terminal domain of the E subunit of vacuolar H(+)-ATPase (V-ATPase) interacts with the H subunit and is required for V-ATPase functionMing Lu
Department of Medicine University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Biol Chem 277:38409-15. 2002..Our data demonstrate the physiological significance of the interaction between the E and H subunits of V-ATPase and extend previous studies on the arrangement of subunits on the peripheral stalk of V-ATPase...
- Vacuolar H+-ATPase binding to microfilaments: regulation in response to phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activity and detailed characterization of the actin-binding site in subunit BShih Hua Chen
Department of Orthodontics, University of Florida College of Dentistry, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Biol Chem 279:7988-98. 2004..This response was fully reversible. The actin binding activities of the B subunits of V-ATPase required 11-amino acid actin-binding motifs that are similar in sequence to the actin-binding site of mammalian profilin I...
- IFN-gamma regulation of vacuolar pH, cathepsin D processing and autophagy in mammary epithelial cellsZhila Khalkhali-Ellis
Children s Memorial Research Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60614 3394, USA
J Cell Biochem 105:208-18. 2008..However, Maspin transfection of breast cancer cells partially sensitizes the cells to IFN-gamma's effect, thus providing new therapeutic implications...