David R Gibson
Affiliation: University of California
- Two- to sixfold decreased odds of HIV risk behavior associated with use of syringe exchangeDavid R Gibson
Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis, Sacramento 95817, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 31:237-42. 2002..We conclude that use of the exchange had a substantial protective effect against HIV risk behavior and may have been especially critical for IDUs without other sources of syringes...
- Effectiveness of HIV prevention social marketing with injecting drug usersDavid R Gibson
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Am J Public Health 100:1828-30. 2010..Injecting drugs is associated with HIV infection in more than 130 countries worldwide...
- Preliminary evidence of reduced cognitive inhibition in methamphetamine-dependent individualsRuth Salo
Department of Psychiatry, UC Davis Medical Center, 2230 Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Psychiatry Res 111:65-74. 2002..Furthermore, the dissociation between explicit attentional performance and priming effects suggests that some attentional functions are not as affected by long-term methamphetamine use as others...
- Hospitalization of patients with cocaine and amphetamine use disorders from a psychiatric emergency serviceMartin H Leamon
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, Davis, Sacramento 95817, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:1461-6. 2002..The authors explored whether these differences and results of urine drug testing were associated with differences in use of psychiatric inpatient services...
- Low N-acetyl-aspartate and high choline in the anterior cingulum of recently abstinent methamphetamine-dependent subjects: a preliminary proton MRS study. Magnetic resonance spectroscopyThomas E Nordahl
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Psychiatry Res 116:43-52. 2002..The neuronal compromise that these changes reflect may contribute to the attentional deficits and dampened reward system in MD...
- High levels of unprotected sex with men and women among men who have sex with men: a potential bridge of HIV transmission in Beijing, ChinaKyung Hee Choi
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California, San Francisco 94105, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 16:19-30. 2004..This finding suggests that MSM are a potential bridge of HIV transmission to heterosexual women (or vice versa) and that addressing the HIV prevention needs of MSM may benefit the wider population...
- Epidemiology and public health Consequences of methamphetamine use in California's Central ValleyDavid R Gibson
J Psychoactive Drugs 34:313-9. 2002..However, because it is typically used in social settings, a social or diffusion approach to HIV prevention might be particularly promising...