S Michael Gharacholou
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Cognitive impairment and outcomes in older adult survivors of acute myocardial infarction: findings from the translational research investigating underlying disparities in acute myocardial infarction patients' health status registryS Michael Gharacholou
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Am Heart J 162:860-869.e1. 2011..Cognitive impairment without dementia (CIND) and acute myocardial infarction (AMI) are prevalent in older adults; however, the association of CIND with outcomes after AMI is unknown...
- Pre PCI hospital antithrombotic therapy for ST elevation myocardial infarction: striving for consensusS Michael Gharacholou
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 34:20-30. 2012..Standardizing the pre PCI antithrombotic regimen across hospital systems may be one approach to improve timely administration of these therapies, and potentially improve STEMI outcomes...
- Characteristics and outcomes of patients who achieve high workload (≥10 metabolic equivalents) during treadmill exercise echocardiographyNowell M Fine
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN
Mayo Clin Proc 88:1408-19. 2013..To determine the frequency and prognostic significance of abnormal exercise echocardiographic results for patients achieving a workload of 10 or more metabolic equivalents during treadmill exercise echocardiography...
- Echocardiographic indices associated with frailty in adults ≥65 yearsS Michael Gharacholou
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic Health System Franciscan Healthcare, La Crosse, Wisconsin Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota Electronic address
Am J Cardiol 116:1591-5. 2015..016 by log-rank). In conclusion, 1/5 of older patients who underwent clinically indicated TTE were frail, with worse survival and a unique fingerprint of TTE findings distinguishing them from nonfrail patients...
- Comparison of frail patients versus nonfrail patients ≥65 years of age undergoing percutaneous coronary interventionS Michael Gharacholou
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Am J Cardiol 109:1569-75. 2012..001 for each health status domain). In conclusion, 1/5 of older patients are frail at the time of PCI and have greater comorbid burden, angiographic disease severity, and poorer health status than nonfrail adults...
- Left ventricular diastolic function and long-term outcomes in patients with normal exercise echocardiographic findingsS Michael Gharacholou
Echocardiography and Hemodynamic Laboratory, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Cardiol 112:200-7. 2013..E/e' was independently associated with the clinical outcomes and might be an important echocardiographically derived parameter to identify in patients undergoing exercise echocardiography. ..