Sarah J Gervais
Affiliation: University of Nebraska
- Toward a unified theory of objectification and dehumanizationSarah J Gervais
Department of Psychology, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, NE 68508, USA
Nebr Symp Motiv 60:1-23. 2013..Finally, we introduce the chapters in this volume, which provide additional significant and novel motivational perspectives on objectification and dehumanization...
- Objectification among college women in the context of intimate partner violenceSarah J Gervais
University of Nebraska Lincoln, Department of Psychology, Lincoln, NE 68588, USA
Violence Vict 28:36-49. 2013..Implications and future directions are discussed...
- When are people interchangeable sexual objects? The effect of gender and body type on sexual fungibilitySarah J Gervais
University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, NE 68588, USA
Br J Soc Psychol 51:499-513. 2012..Furthermore, it appears that when people are fungible they are interchangeable with people with similar body types. Implications and directions for future research on objectification and fungibility are discussed...
- Associations between women's experiences of sexual violence and forgivenessM Meghan Davidson
University of Nebraska Lincoln, Department of Educational Psychology, College of Education and Human Sciences, Lincoln, NE 68588 0345, USA
Violence Vict 28:1041-53. 2013..Implications and directions for future research are discussed...
- A psychometric examination of the Interpersonal Sexual Objectification Scale among college menM Meghan Davidson
Department of Educational Psychology, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, NE, USA
J Couns Psychol 60:239-50. 2013....
- Relations Between Intimate Partner Violence and Forgiveness Among College WomenM Meghan Davidson
University of Nebraska Lincoln, NE, USA
J Interpers Violence 30:3217-43. 2015....
- The relationship between victimization and substance use among homeless and runaway female adolescentsKimberly A Tyler
University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, NE 68588 0324, USA
J Interpers Violence 28:474-93. 2013..Together, these factors accounted for 27% of the variance in alcohol use and 37% of the variance in marijuana use...
- Violence against women through the lens of objectification theoryM Meghan Davidson
University of Nebraska Lincoln, USA
Violence Against Women 21:330-54. 2015..Thus, important differences between IPV and SV regarding self-objectification processes emerged. Theoretical and practical implications, as well as directions for future research, are discussed. ..
- Power and the creation of patronizing environments: the stereotype-based behaviors of the powerful and their effects on female performance in masculine domainsTheresa K Vescio
Department of Psychology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 88:658-72. 2005..e., the patronizing behavior mirrored from Experiment 1) were angry. However, men performed better in the anger-inspiring situation, whereas women performed worse...