Genomes and Genes
Howard K Gershenfeld
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Genetic contributions to body weight in mice: relationship of exploratory behavior to weightShumin Zhang
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75235 8898, USA
Obes Res 11:828-38. 2003..We examined the genetic contributions of exploratory behavior to body weight and tested for shared, pleiotropic loci influencing energy homeostasis...
- Looking forward in geriatric anxiety and depression: implications of basic science for the futureHoward K Gershenfeld
Departments of Psychiatry and Integrative Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center NC6 530, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9070, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 13:1027-40. 2005..The reciprocal and recursive interactions among basic science, drug discovery, and clinical science will continue to provide hopeful themes for improving the lives of patients with treatment-refractive psychiatric illness...
- Suicide candidate genes associated with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia: an exploratory gene expression profiling analysis of post-mortem prefrontal cortexSanghyeon Kim
Department of Psychiatry, Univ, of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9070, USA
BMC Genomics 8:413. 2007..This study poses the question: to what extent are differentially expressed genes for suicide a diagnostic specific set of genes (bipolar disorder vs. schizophrenia) vs. a shared common pathway?..
- An E3 ubiquitin ligase, Really Interesting New Gene (RING) Finger 41, is a candidate gene for anxiety-like behavior and beta-carboline-induced seizuresSanghyeon Kim
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Biol Psychiatry 65:425-31. 2009..Previously, Quantitative Trait Loci (QTL) for anxiety-like behaviors and beta-carboline-induced seizure vulnerability have been mapped to the distal portion of mouse chromosome 10, with crosses of A/J and C57BL6 mice...
- Severely reduced functional status in veterans fitting a case definition of Gulf War syndromeRobert W Haley
Epidemiology Division, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 8874, USA
Am J Public Health 92:46-7. 2002
- Genetic dissection of the tail suspension test: a mouse model of stress vulnerability and antidepressant responseXiaoqing Liu
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
Biol Psychiatry 62:81-91. 2007..The tail suspension test (TST) is a mouse screening test for antidepressants...
- Therapeutic potential of targeting gene variants in schizophreniaRobert A Philibert
Expert Rev Neurother 7:757-60. 2007