B F Geiger
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Responding to Health Information and Training Needs of Individuals with DisabilitiesBrian F Geiger
University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Education and Center for Educational Accountability, Room EB 233, 1530 Third Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35294 1250
J Consum Health Internet 14:23-32. 2010..Service providers and students shared concerns about information quality. Consumers and caregivers expressed highest levels of trust in information provided by service providers, nonprofit health agencies, reference books, and libraries...
- Preparing students to practice evidence-based dentistry: a mixed methods conceptual framework for curriculum enhancementKent G Palcanis
Birmingham, Room EB 233, 1720 2nd Ave South, Birmingham, AL 35294 1250, USA
J Dent Educ 76:1600-14. 2012..The framework described in this article proved useful to guide revision of predoctoral clinical education at one dental school and may be useful in other settings...
- Implementation of school policies to prevent youth tobacco use in AlabamaBrian F Geiger
School of Education and Center for Educational Accountability, University of Alabama at Birmingham College of Arts and Sciences, 1530 3rd Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35294 1250, USA
J Sch Health 82:277-84. 2012..This analysis of school tobacco policies was preliminary to release of a state tobacco prevention and control plan for 2010-2015...
- Using technology to teach health: a collaborative pilot project in AlabamaBrian F Geiger
School of Education, Dept of Human Studies, Room EB 209, 1530 3rd Avenue, South, Birmingham, AL 35294 1250, USA
J Sch Health 72:401-7. 2002..Planners and facilitators worked together to overcome barriers to the use of technology for health instruction...
- HealthyME HealthyU(©2010UCPGB): a collaborative project to enhance access to health information and services for individuals with disabilitiesBrian F Geiger
Center for Educational Accountability, School of Education, College of Arts and Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1530 Third Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35294 1250, USA
J Health Commun 15:46-59. 2010..Preliminary evaluation indicates content is relevant and comprehensible to individuals with disabilities...
- Responses of health and physical educators to overweight children in AlabamaBrian F Geiger
University of Alabama at Birmingham UAB, School of Education, Birmingham, AL, USA
Health Promot Pract 10:111-8. 2009..The final section provides practical recommendations for professional health and physical educators regarding obesity risk reduction...
- Drinking likelihood, alcohol problems, and peer influence among first-year college studentsLaura L Talbott
School of Education, Department of Human Studies, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 34:433-40. 2008..The final model predicted 37.5% of the variability in drinking days in the past month. All variables, except for race, were significantly associated with the outcome (p < .05)...
- Ecological strategies to promote healthy body image among childrenRetta R Evans
School of Education, University of Alabama at Birmingham, EB 259, 1530 3rd Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35294 1250, USA
J Sch Health 78:359-67. 2008..The coordinated school health program (CSHP) is compatible with the 5 levels of an ecological approach to developing new health behaviors...
- Validation of the Drinking Context Scale (DCS-9) for use with non-adjudicated first-year college studentsLaura L Talbott
Department of Human Studies and Center for Educational Accountability, University of Alabama at Birmingham, School of Education, 901 13th Street South, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Addict Behav 35:510-2. 2010..72, df=24, p=0.047, CFI=0.991, SRMR=.0406) supporting its use with first-year college students. Invariance between gender, ethnic group, and geographical regions should be examined by future researchers...