Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Antiepileptic drug use in nursing home admissionsJudith Garrard
Division of Health Services Research and Policy, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Ann Neurol 54:75-85. 2003..Results also show that the rate of AED use in nursing homes is not static...
- Variations in product choices of frequently purchased herbs: caveat emptorJudith Garrard
Divisions of Health Services Research and Policy, School of Public Health, and College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Arch Intern Med 163:2290-5. 2003..The purpose of this study was to describe variations in label information of products for each of the 10 most commonly purchased herbs...
- Organizational change in management of hepatitis C: evaluation of a CME programJudith Garrard
Division of Health Services Research, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Contin Educ Health Prof 26:145-60. 2006..We describe a continuing medical education (CME) program for clinicians in a nationwide health care system, with emphasis on current treatment practices, multispecialty collaboration, and organizational change...
- Mental health of non-gamblers versus "normal" gamblers among American Indian veterans: a community surveyJoseph Westermeyer
Minneapolis VAMC, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Gambl Stud 24:193-205. 2008..SAMPLE STUDY: participants consisted of 557 North Central American Indian veterans...
- Use of inappropriate prescription drugs by older peopleJoseph T Hanlon
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, Division of Health Services Research and Policy, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 55455, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:26-34. 2002..To determine the prevalence and predictors of inappropriate drug prescribing defined by expert national consensus panel drug utilization review criteria for community-dwelling older people...
- Ginkgo biloba use in nursing home elderly with epilepsy or seizure disorderSusan L Harms
Division of Health Services Research and Policy, School of Public Health, 420 Delaware Street SE, MMC 729, Minneapolis, MN 55455, U S A
Epilepsia 47:323-9. 2006....
- Remission from pathological gambling among Hispanics and Native AmericansJoseph Westermeyer
Minneapolis VAMC, 116A, 1 Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Community Ment Health J 42:537-53. 2006..Remission was associated with absence of a current Axis 1 diagnosis, especially absence of a current post-traumatic stress disorder...
- A comparison of substance use disorder severity and course in American Indian male and female veteransJoseph Westermeyer
Department of Mental Health Services, Minneapolis VAMC, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Am J Addict 18:87-92. 2009..VA facilities should out-reach to American Indian women, who report a willingness to seek mental health services but may avoid VA care...
- Use of antiepileptic medications in nursing homesJudith Garrard
Division of Health Policy and Management, School of Public Health University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Int Rev Neurobiol 81:165-82. 2007..Manic depression (bipolar disease) was also significantly associated with initiation of an AED after admission. In this group, there was an inverse relationship between age and initiation of an AED...
- Outcomes of a Hepatitis C screening program at a large urban VA medical centerHolly Groom
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 42:97-106. 2008..To determine the outcomes of implementing clinical care guidelines for Hepatitis C screening, evaluation, and treatment in a large urban Veterans Affairs Medical Center...
- Reporting in randomized clinical trials improved after adoption of the CONSORT statementRobert L Kane
University of Minnesota Clinical Outcomes Research Center, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 60:241-9. 2007....
- Are there racial-ethnic disparities in time to pressure ulcer development and pressure ulcer treatment in older adults after nursing home admission?Donna Z Bliss
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
J Aging Health 27:571-93. 2015..The objective of this study was to assess whether there are racial and ethnic disparities in the time to development of a pressure ulcer and number of pressure ulcer treatments in individuals aged 65 and older after nursing home admission...
- Lifetime prevalence of pathological gambling among american Indian and Hispanic American VeteransJoseph Westermeyer
Mental Health Service, 116A, 1 Veterans Dr, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Am J Public Health 95:860-6. 2005..We examined the prevalence and clinical correlates of pathological gambling among 1228 American Indian and Hispanic American veterans in the southwest and north central regions of the United States...
- Impact of inappropriate drug use on mortality and functional status in representative community dwelling eldersJoseph T Hanlon
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Med Care 40:166-76. 2002..The predictive validity of Drug Utilization Review (DUR) and drugs-to-avoid criteria in elders is unknown...
- Impact of inappropriate drug use on health services utilization among representative older community-dwelling residentsGerda G Fillenbaum
Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 2:92-101. 2004..There is limited objective information regarding the impact of drugs identified as inappropriate by drug utilization review (DUR) or the Beers drugs-to-avoid criteria on health service use...
- The validity of epilepsy or seizure documentation in nursing homesNancy A Hardie
Division of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, United States
Epilepsy Res 74:171-5. 2007....