Edward B Garon
Affiliation: University of California
- Identification of common predictive markers of in vitro response to the Mek inhibitor selumetinib (AZD6244; ARRY-142886) in human breast cancer and non-small cell lung cancer cell linesEdward B Garon
1Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:1985-94. 2010..In total, these results suggest that clinical trials of selumetinib in breast cancer and NSCLC might select patients whose tumors harbor raf and ras mutations, respectively...
- Current Perspectives in Immunotherapy for Non-Small Cell Lung CancerEdward B Garon
Director of Thoracic Oncology Program, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA Electronic address
Semin Oncol 42:S11-8. 2015..PD-L1 expression as a potential biomarker to select patients most likely to respond to inhibitors of the PD-1 pathway has been widely studied. ..
- Ramucirumab plus docetaxel versus placebo plus docetaxel for second-line treatment of stage IV non-small-cell lung cancer after disease progression on platinum-based therapy (REVEL): a multicentre, double-blind, randomised phase 3 trialEdward B Garon
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA Translational Research in Oncology US Network, Los Angeles, CA, USA Electronic address
Lancet 384:665-73. 2014..We aimed to assess efficacy and safety of treatment with docetaxel plus ramucirumab or placebo as second-line treatment for patients with stage IV non-small-cell-lung cancer (NSCLC) after platinum-based therapy...
- Dichloroacetate should be considered with platinum-based chemotherapy in hypoxic tumors rather than as a single agent in advanced non-small cell lung cancerEdward B Garon
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 140:443-52. 2014..We designed this open-label phase II trial to determine the response rate, safety, and tolerability of oral DCA in patients with metastatic breast cancer and advanced stage non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- The HSP90 inhibitor NVP-AUY922 potently inhibits non-small cell lung cancer growthEdward B Garon
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 12:890-900. 2013..These data will help inform the evaluation of correlative data from a recently completed phase II NSCLC trial and a planned phase IB trial of NVP-AUY922 in combination with pemetrexed in NSCLCs...
- Antiestrogen fulvestrant enhances the antiproliferative effects of epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors in human non-small-cell lung cancerEdward B Garon
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90404, USA
J Thorac Oncol 8:270-8. 2013..To explore cross-communication between ER and EGFR, we have correlated ER pathway gene and protein expression profiles and examined effects of antiestrogens with or without EGFR inhibitors in preclinical models of human NSCLC...
- A randomized, double-blind, phase III study of Docetaxel and Ramucirumab versus Docetaxel and placebo in the treatment of stage IV non-small-cell lung cancer after disease progression after 1 previous platinum-based therapy (REVEL): treatment rationale anEdward B Garon
Translational Oncology Research International Network, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 13:505-9. 2012....
- Issues surrounding clinical trial endpoints in solid malignancies with a focus on metastatic non-small cell lung cancerEdward B Garon
David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Lung Cancer 77:475-81. 2012..With a series of recent advances toward increasingly personalized biomarker-directed anticancer therapies, the appropriateness of the traditional regulatory approach has been questioned...
- High prevalence of lung cancer in a surgical cohort of lung cancer patients a decade after smoking cessationCindy Mong
Division of Hematology Oncology, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, 200 UCLA Medical Plaza, Suite 420 Los Angeles, CA 90024 USA
J Cardiothorac Surg 6:19. 2011..This study was designed to assess the prevalence of smoking at time of lung cancer diagnosis in a surgical patient cohort referred for cardiothoracic surgery...
- In vitro and in vivo evaluation and a case report of intense nanosecond pulsed electric field as a local therapy for human malignanciesEdward B Garon
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Int J Cancer 121:675-82. 2007..Therefore, nanoelectropulse therapy deserves further study as a potentially effective cancer therapy...
- Quantum dot labeling and tracking of human leukemic, bone marrow and cord blood cellsEdward B Garon
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7059, USA
Leuk Res 31:643-51. 2007..These results establish QDs as extremely useful molecular imaging tools for the study of hematologic cells...
- Development of transcriptomic biomarker signature in human saliva to detect lung cancerLei Zhang
School of Dentistry and Dental Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, 90095, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 69:3341-50. 2012..These results poised the salivary biomarkers for the initiation of a multi-center validation in a definitive clinical context...
- (18)F-FDG PET/CT for monitoring treatment responses to the epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitor erlotinibMatthias R Benz
Translational Imaging Division, Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 7371, USA
J Nucl Med 52:1684-9. 2011..Here we determined whether early changes in tumor uptake of (18)F-FDG can predict progression-free and overall survival in NSCLC patients who are treated with erlotinib...
- Estrogen Receptor-β and the Insulin-Like Growth Factor Axis as Potential Therapeutic Targets for Triple-Negative Breast CancerNalo Hamilton
UCLA School of Nursing, Los Angeles, CA UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA
Crit Rev Oncog 20:373-90. 2015..Further, the potential benefit of metformin treatment in patients with TNBC as well as areas of therapeutic potential in the IGF-ERβ1 pathway are highlighted. ..
- The role of estrogen, progesterone and aromatase in human non-small-cell lung cancerNadiyah Kazmi
UCLA Geffen School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Factor Building 11 934, 700 Tiverton Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 16781, USA
Lung Cancer Manag 1:259-272. 2012..Results will help guide future lung cancer management decisions, with a goal of achieving more effective and less toxic treatments for patients...
- Uncertainty and psychological adjustment in patients with lung cancerKeiko Kurita
Department of Psychology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 1061, USA
Psychooncology 22:1396-401. 2013....
- A randomized Phase II trial of the tumor vascular disrupting agent CA4P (fosbretabulin tromethamine) with carboplatin, paclitaxel, and bevacizumab in advanced nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancerEdward B Garon
Department of Medicine Department of Hematology and Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
Onco Targets Ther 9:7275-7283. 2016..This study evaluated the safety of CA4P when combined with carboplatin, paclitaxel, and bevacizumab in chemotherapy-naïve subjects with advanced nonsquamous, non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Elevated neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin contributes to erlotinib resistance in non-small cell lung cancerKostyantyn Krysan
Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA Los Angeles, CA
Am J Transl Res 5:481-96. 2013..Correlations between plasma neutrophil gelatinase associated lipocalin (NGAL) levels, erlotinib response and the EGFR mutational status were assessed in advanced stage NSCLC patients treated with erlotinib...
- Proteomic analysis of human saliva from lung cancer patients using two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis and mass spectrometryHua Xiao
Dental Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 11:M111.012112. 2012..The discriminatory power of these candidate biomarkers indicate that a simple saliva test might be established for lung cancer clinical screening and detection...