Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Anchoring 9,371 maize expressed sequence tagged unigenes to the bacterial artificial chromosome contig map by two-dimensional overgo hybridizationJack Gardiner
Department of Agronomy, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Plant Physiol 134:1317-26. 2004..Our results indicate overgos are a powerful approach for generating gene-specific hybridization probes that are facilitating the assembly of an integrated genetic and physical map for maize...
- Gene expression analyses in maize inbreds and hybrids with varying levels of heterosisRobert M Stupar
Center for Plant and Microbial Genomics, Department of Plant Biology, University of Minnesota, Saint Paul MN 55108, USA
BMC Plant Biol 8:33. 2008..We have used expression profiling to determine whether the level, or types, of non-additive gene expression vary in maize hybrids with different levels of genetic diversity or heterosis...
- A BAC pooling strategy combined with PCR-based screenings in a large, highly repetitive genome enables integration of the maize genetic and physical mapsYoung Sun Yim
Division of Plant Sciences, University of Missouri, 1 31 Agriculture, Columbia, MO, USA
BMC Genomics 8:47. 2007..Finally, they validate assemblies based solely on BAC fingerprints. We employed a six-dimensional BAC pooling strategy in combination with a high-throughput PCR-based screening method to anchor the maize genetic and physical maps...
- Development and mapping of SSR markers for maizeNatalya Sharopova
Missouri Maize Project, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211, USA
Plant Mol Biol 48:463-81. 2002..agron.missouri.edu. The maize research community now has the most detailed and comprehensive SSR marker set of any plant species...
- Access to the maize genome: an integrated physical and genetic mapEdward Coe
Department of Agronomy, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, USA
Plant Physiol 128:9-12. 2002
- High-throughput gene discovery in the ratTodd E Scheetz
Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Genome Res 14:733-41. 2004..Complete information, including radiation hybrid mapping data, is also maintained locally at http://genome.uiowa.edu/clcg.html. All of the sequences described in this article have been submitted to the dbEST division of the NCBI...
- Physical and genetic structure of the maize genome reflects its complex evolutionary historyFusheng Wei
Arizona Genomics Institute, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, United States of America
PLoS Genet 3:e123. 2007..Reconstructing the paleoethnobotany of the maize genome indicates that the progenitors of modern maize contained ten chromosomes...