Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Antiapoptotic and oncogenic potentials of hepatitis C virus are linked to interferon resistance by viral repression of the PKR protein kinaseM Gale
Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Virol 73:6506-16. 1999..Disruption of apoptosis and tumorogenesis required the PKR-binding function of NS5A, demonstrating that these properties may be linked to the IFN-resistant phenotype of HCV...
- Translational control of viral gene expression in eukaryotesM Gale
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 64:239-80. 2000..We discuss how these translational strategies have been incorporated into the virus life cycle and examine how such programming contributes to the pathogenesis of the host cell...
- Evolution of hepatitis C virus NS5A region in breakthrough patients during pegylated interferon and ribavirin therapy*H J Yuan
Divisions of Digestive and Liver Diseases and Infectious Diseases, UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX, USA
J Viral Hepat 17:208-16. 2010..Our results provide evidence that amino acid substitutions within the NS5A coding region may reflect a host response that drives selective pressure for viral adaptation...
- Tissue specific expression of PKR protein kinase in aging B6D2F1 miceW Ladiges
The Nathan Shock Center for Excellence in the Biology of Aging, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Mech Ageing Dev 114:123-32. 2000....
- Molecular clones of hepatitis C virus: applications to animal modelsM Gale
Department of Microbiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
ILAR J 42:139-51. 2001..The expression of specific viral protein products in these animal models will provide important insight into the structure-function relation that specific HCV genome sequences impart on virus replication and pathogenesis...
- Regulation of interferon-induced protein kinase PKR: modulation of P58IPK inhibitory function by a novel protein, P52rIPKM Gale
Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 7242, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:859-71. 1998..Taken together, our data describe a novel protein kinase-regulatory system which encompasses an intersection of interferon-, stress-, and growth-regulatory pathways...
- Viral regulation and evasion of the host responseY M Loo
Department of Immunology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Box 357650, 1959 N E Pacific, Seattle, WA 98195 7650, USA
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 316:295-313. 2007..We provide a review of the virus/host processes involved in IFN signaling and regulation of innate immune defenses...