Affiliation: University of California
- Genome-wide association study and admixture mapping identify different asthma-associated loci in Latinos: the Genes-environments & Admixture in Latino Americans studyJoshua M Galanter
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, Calif Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, Calif Electronic address
J Allergy Clin Immunol 134:295-305. 2014..Asthma is a complex disease with both genetic and environmental causes. Genome-wide association studies of asthma have mostly involved European populations, and replication of positive associations has been inconsistent...
- Development of a panel of genome-wide ancestry informative markers to study admixture throughout the AmericasJoshua Mark Galanter
University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 8:e1002554. 2012....
- ORMDL3 gene is associated with asthma in three ethnically diverse populationsJoshua Galanter
Lung Biology Center, Department of Medicine, Institute for Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 2911, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 177:1194-200. 2008..Independent replication of genetic associations in complex diseases, particularly in whole-genome association studies, is critical to confirm the association...
- Cosmopolitan and ethnic-specific replication of genetic risk factors for asthma in 2 Latino populationsJoshua M Galanter
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 2911, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 128:37-43.e12. 2011..We sought to examine the possibility that population-specific genetic risks contribute to this disparity...
- History shaped the geographic distribution of genomic admixture on the island of Puerto RicoMarc Via
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e16513. 2011..More generally, our results demonstrate the importance of incorporating social and geographic data with genetics when studying contemporary admixed populations...